Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LGB forum needs to change it's name.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Rozie, if your short of cash to buy that plane ticket, I will gladly give you the money to GTFO !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Anti wrote:
    Rozie, if your short of cash to buy that plane ticket, I will gladly give you the money to GTFO !

http://www.world-airport-codes.com/search/?Submit=1&criteria=gtfo&searchWhat=

You are lucky there isnt one.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Well, we're discussing the possibilty of bringing the "T" to LGBT on #boards if you want to join us, Rozie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Karoma wrote:
    Go start your own forum with transgender blackjack and transgender hookers.

Oi!. None of your slander now!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I have no problem with the gays but men who want to be womens. That just sickerns me!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

FX Meister wrote:
    I have no problem with the gays but men who want to be womens. That just sickerns me!!!!!

MAW! FX IS AT THUH COMPUTAH AGIN!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That kind of logic has been brought up in answer to Rozie's rants many times, but Rozie and logic are mortal enemies and will never, ever see eye to eye.

I always regret reading a Rozie thread for this very reason.

Everyone is entitled to their view, but to consistently agitate is another thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

the_syco wrote:
    Well, we're discussing the possibilty of bringing the "T" to LGBT on #boards if you want to join us, Rozie.

I think she is unaware that the thread was copied and not moved to the thunderdome.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Rozie wrote:
    if you don't listen to me, I won't hesitate to contact whatever relevant organisation I can find to turn their noses up as you.

Come on, you would swear we had a knife to your throat.

Stop

just stop

Move on. This is the internet, there is plenty more out there that ranting on about the letter T

FFS, where were you when they done that episode of sesame street sponsored by the letter 'T' ?

Just STOP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

This thread was sponsored by the letter T!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I understand historically why the Trans gendered where lumped in with the LGB
    and with other alternate sexualities. It was all freaks or non norms together.

Put as LGB and to a lesser extend bd/s&m/Ds became more main stream there is a separation naturally occurring.

The current generations of teens and those in thier 20s who are LGB see it as being normal and themselves as a part of society rather then being on the edges.

They are defining themselves and they no longer id collectively as being an alternate sexuality.

Does this mean that Trans are the last as those who are misunderstood, hell no that is why furries were invented and plushies.

Trans gender issues need to be seen what they are an incompatibility of the person with the body they are in and not as a sexuality issue.

Maybe some day the trans gender community will have thier equalivent of a
    Senator David Noris and hopefully there will be some brave,
    well spoken soul who will reach out and charm and enguage people on the topic of those who are trans gendered and the issues they face.

Yes there should be greater awareness of this topic but you will only cause resentment by trying to smash the system and force communities to change when they do not wish to.

Again I suggest that if you want a forum for Trans gendered issues propose one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Sure give Rozie her T .... I'll have a cup too if its going.

Biscuit anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If there is one lesson to learn from this thread it is you should of used the Helpdesk forum.

And if you have enough people to discuss subject T (whatever T is? Transsexual? Transvestite?) then you should just get a new forum setup.

I am no expert on the subject (but I do watch big brother. :D ) but I'm pretty sure T's don't see themselves as being lumped in with LGB. I mean people may as well be demanding an S added as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I think the T stands for Trysexual :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I think at the end of the day if rozie was really interested in facilitating conversations on the topic of transgender issues he would have proposed a separate or at least a sub forum long ago, he's more interested in been confrontational.

That said though, perhaps its something that should happen since its a topic which seems to come up frequently enough and if it at least if happened within the confines of its own forum these topics might not descend into the pantomime farce they always seem to.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Jim!
    Rozie!

Rozie is Jim, Rozie is Jim
    Chugging along on the old rag doll
    Rosie is Jim, Rosie is Jim
    and John he steers the boat

We go and play
    And have a a look
    With Rozie's bag
    Jim's drawing book
    The world is by the window frame
    Rzsie is Jim, we play our game

QUACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finding stories everyday
    and John he writes them down

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Rozie,
    Once again I urge you to seek out a professional and get that help you so desperately need.
    No one person should have that much anger in them.
    All this ranting is a symptom of some very deep seeded issues that you really need to address before they totally consume you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

I would echo beruthiel's sentiments.

Such railing against everyone stems from not from external factors, but internal issues.

If you cannot see this then you are blinkered.

If you continue like this you are going to end up very ill and very very unhappy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

We already have a T forum!

tsunamitron.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

As has been said, Rosie could have calmly re-bumped the discussion (read: discussion - not argument) concerning the extra T and all could be discussed again with new ideas brought forth and tilled ground could have been made.

However, with an attitude that is immediately aggresive and obnoxiously against anyone and everyone on this site and a supreme deafness to any retort - the case will not go far. You are not helping your case or yourself Rosie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

Thaedydal wrote:
    I understand historically why the Trans gendered where lumped in with the LGB
    and with other alternate sexualities. It was all freaks or non norms together.

But as LGB and to a lesser extend bd/s&m/Ds became more main stream there is a separation naturally occurring.

I fine that a bizarre grouping of abbreviations - I get the point, and agree mostly , but to me it kinda reads like you've connected a certain type of sexual activity/fetish with LGB sexuality.

Again I get you're point but fine it a little unfortunate when one angry person rants about an association that makes no sense, that an old,inaccurate association is revisited.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Ah Rozie, I'd miss you if you left, all those quality posts just seem to brighten up my day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Rozie,

you're a very angry person and ranting gets you no where so you should get it seen too. Also if you have a problem with boards.ie, then DON'T USE IT!!!!!!!!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

All the other forums are like that is not a good enough reason.
    Boards.ie has always gone it's own way and set it's own standards.

You need better arguments then that.

And insulting the members of the community in that forum will not endear them to changing it.

So boards.ie gets to be bigoted and nobody else does? Wow. The problem is you want me to appeal to you on the basis of your loopy boards.ie logic, which I'm not going to do. I'm going to appeal it in a general, objective manner. Leaving out the T in LGB is discrimination and exclusion. If you're a ****ing up little bigot who doesn't care about discrimination, I can see why this might not be an issue to you. But it should be.

Boards.ie's standards it has set for itself ARE **** if this is the case.
    Why, because it followed a vaguely democratic process?

Democratic doesn't mean anything if all the people voting are idiots. Look how bad democracy can be if only HALF of the people are idiots.
    Perhaps we should add Meglomania to the forum description too!

You are one stupid ****ing ****. You are trying to sideline an issue just like I said everyone would, pin it on me as a "personal" thing.

It is not. It is a ****ing issue of discrimination, and you are having a grand little time defending discrimination.
    so you have stated your demand again and you have still failed to offer any arguements for the change other then I want it and all the rest are that way.

I have failed to appeal to your twisted mindset. I am sorry you do not care about discrimination. You do not look near as intelligent as you think you do. Clinging to a rule book does not make you smart, it means you're not reasoning for yourself.
    I am not I have asked you for better arguement and am willing to try and engage rationally on this subject.

I have no interest in dicussing anything rationally with someone who doesn't even consider discrimination to be a bad thing.
    If you analyse the posts here it is not simply a rant or even the ravings of a lunatic, it is an effort to get people up in arms. An uber-troll if you will.

This is simply unforgivable. Who do the mods here practice such insane double standards, where I can be banned for forums for lesser comments, but writing someone entirely off as a raving lunatic is acceptable?

If someone is a troll (or raving lunatic), they don't have to be listened to. That's why you said that; you're far too stupid to come up with a real argument so just sidetrack it instead. I have said it 10000 times already, and this kind of discourse shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a real argument.

I am not trolling. I am a transgender, so it only makes sense I'd be disgusted at ****wit Stark & Co's bigotry.
    You don't discuss. You come along with a "I'm right, everyone else is wrong" attitude, so of course you'll be met with a hostile reaction.

That's not an excuse to ignore the issue entirely. I AM right. All other LGB forums are LGBT. Unless you can prove to me why boards.ie gets a free pass for bigotry, this stands.
    No, its your fúcking personal crusade.

You're a piece of ****. It's an issue of discrimination, the fact that I'm "crusading" for it just proves my point that you can only attack through character assassination, making the person pointing out flaws to have a massive ego, so you don't have to deal with their argument.

I would like to point out that you all utterly disgust me, each and every one of you that replied. You do nothing but prove me right and then spit in my face if I think I'm in any way better than any of you. You don't care about bigotry and discrimination. That makes it very hard for me to care about you as human beings.
    It's tough, isn't it Rozie, when everyone is wrong but you? Funny though, that it always seems to be only you who's right on a huge variety of topics. One could surmise that it's in fact you who's consistently wrong, and not everyone else. One could.

Yes, because that wouldn't disprove anything - it would be very convenient for your dumbass self to invoke the Appeal to the Majority fallacy instead of creating an actual counter argument.

There are rarely any real arguments to ANYTHING I post on these forums. Considering 99% of posts to my recent threads are almost all personal attacks sidelining the argument, including yours, I have my proof as far as I'm concerned that it is not me that's the idiot.
    Karl Hungus-
    That kind of logic has been brought up in answer to Rozie's rants many times, but Rozie and logic are mortal enemies and will never, ever see eye to eye.

You have no idea what "logic" means, you stalker piece of ****. Stop spamming my inbox.
    An argumentum ad populum (Latin: "appeal to the people"), in logic, is a fallacious argument that concludes a proposition to be true because many or all people believe it; it alleges that "If many believe so, it is so." In ethics this argument is stated, "If many find it acceptable, it is acceptable."

This type of argument is known by several names[1], including appeal to the masses, appeal to belief, appeal to the majority, appeal to the people, argument by consensus, authority of the many, bandwagon fallacy, and tyranny of the majority, and in Latin by the names argumentum ad populum ("appeal to the people"), argumentum ad numerum ("appeal to the number"), and consensus gentium ("agreement of the clans"). It is also the basis of a number of social phenomena, including communal reinforcement and the bandwagon effect, and of the Chinese proverb "three men make a tiger".

If I'm wrong, you'd disprove my arguments. You never do. I have no reason to believe I'm wrong until you do.
    Rozie,

you're a very angry person and ranting gets you no where so you should get it seen too. Also if you have a problem with boards.ie, then DON'T USE IT!!!!!!!!.

Idiot logic. If I didn't use it, it wouldn't cease to exist.
    Spankeh wrote:
    Come on, you would swear we had a knife to your throat.

Stop

just stop

Move on. This is the internet, there is plenty more out there that ranting on about the letter T

FFS, where were you when they done that episode of sesame street sponsored by the letter 'T' ?

Just STOP.

Jesus! What the **** are you doing, caring about discrimination! What ****ing right do you have! Just STOP.

This is what your post reads as. I guess it's not Karl Hungus that represents what I despise about the irish people, it's YOU. You disgust me beyond belief.

Mordeth wrote:
    a roze by any other name would want to chop it's testicles off

How in the hell are remarks like this allowed but I can't make a fuss about the T in LGBT without being banned from this forum!? This is why I despise the moderation staff here - not only are they fascist little muppets, they have immense double standards as well.

With what I say, there's a grey area. There's no grey area here - it's a purely bigoted, insensitive remark.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Democratic doesn't mean anything if all the people voting are idiots. Look how bad democracy can be if only HALF of the people are idiots.
    I love it. Who are you to decide that these people are idiots? Who do you think you are? What makes you right?

Look, the simple fact is that the Admins decide. But because the admins don't use every forum, it makes sense to allow the forum regulars to decide. They decided against your proposal.

On the subject itself, I would argue that transgender doesn't belong in the forum name, because it's partially implied. Someone who is male and wishes to be female (and presumably engage in sexual activity with men), is/was by definition homosexual.
    Someone who isn't homosexual, but suffers from Gender Identity issues doesn't have anything in common with homosexuals. So they don't belong in that forum.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

TL;DR

DeV.

seamus wrote:
    I love it. Who are you to decide that these people are idiots? Who do you think you are? What makes you right?

The fact that almost every reply in this thread has been a personal attack, and yes "Who the hell are you to say this to us?" qualifies as a form of ad hominem.

If people were INTELLIGENT, they wouldn't use such infuriating and irrelevant rhetoric in response. What gives you the right to be such inane bigots, soemthing which actually damages other people, will you tell me?

Who gives who the right what is nothing. It's a distraction, another attempt to sideline the issue.

It should be changed. I have outlined the reasons why several times already and nobody bothered to deal with them. The only one arguing in any way reasonably is Thaed, but unfortunately they seem to ignore most of my points so they're hardly any much better.

I would like to point out that the people running the LGB forum have ALWAYS allowed the most vicious attacks on Ts. They are completely unprotected there. It's not just the name.
    TL;DR

DeV.

More like too long, can't read, which would prove my point on the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Why don't we just rename the "Prison" forum to the "Tranny" forum so that Rozie and Polmki can discuss how they are disgusted that the rest of us are happy in our own body's and also living in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Rozie, this thread, your ideologies and your cute little hatred for everything in this world is about as old as your sexual dry spell. I don't think anyone gives a crap. Go join a club or something.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement