Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LGB forum needs to change it's name.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

Rozie wrote:
    I would like to point out that you all utterly disgust me, each and every one of you that replied. You do nothing but prove me right and then spit in my face if I think I'm in any way better than any of you. You don't care about bigotry and discrimination. That makes it very hard for me to care about you as human beings.

Thats Fine Rozie, until you work it out for yourself you won't be able to see it. Your arguments are not arguments but self-hating rants turned outwards.

You are also loving the xposure.

So, i elect to deny you the one thing i can, after posting this you will be on my blocked list, denying you the exposure and attention you crave.

Wishing you some sort of mental peace
    mark

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Tl; Cr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Rozie wrote:
    The fact that almost every reply in this thread has been a personal attack, and yes "Who the hell are you to say this to us?" qualifies as a form of ad hominem.
    Rozie wrote:
    What gives you the right to be such inane bigots
    Rozie wrote:
    What ****ing right do you have! Just STOP.
    And thats just the last few posts alone. But anyway...
    Rozie wrote:
    I have outlined the reasons why several times already and nobody bothered to deal with them.
    Or, people disagreed with you and decided that they like things the way they are. You obviously disagree with this, which is fine.

Whats not fine however is the attitude that only you are allowed to be correct at any one point in time. Anyone who disagrees for whatever reason is a ****ing this or a **** that or some such other. You're doing yourself and your point no favours at all, and if you keep insisting on treating people like this then its not really surprising that they are not willing to listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Rozie wrote:
    The fact that almost every reply in this thread has been a personal attack, and yes "Who the hell are you to say this to us?" qualifies as a form of ad hominem.

If people were INTELLIGENT, they wouldn't use such infuriating and irrelevant rhetoric in response. What gives you the right to be such inane bigots, soemthing which actually damages other people, will you tell me?
    So, when I ask you a valid question without malice, that's an attack on you. But when you alter what I posted into what you think I posted, and imply that I'm a dumb bigot, that's OK? Presumably it's OK for you to say it, because you're intelligent right?

Would you care to justify this opinion?
    I have outlined the reasons why several times already and nobody bothered to deal with them.
    Stick them up again please. Nice and succinct. They're getting lost in the noise, and I'd actually be interested in dicussing it.
    I would like to point out that the people running the LGB forum have ALWAYS allowed the most vicious attacks on Ts. They are completely unprotected there. It's not just the name.
    Well, if you're going to make accusations like that, you're going to have to back them up with links.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Rozie wrote:
    I would like to point out that you all utterly disgust me, each and every one of you that replied. You do nothing but prove me right and then spit in my face if I think I'm in any way better than any of you. You don't care about bigotry and discrimination. That makes it very hard for me to care about you as human beings.

I take exception to that.
    My comments were genuine and made in the hope that you might actually take them on board.
    It's sad to see a person who clearly needs help and refuses to believe that it's the case. Life will be very tough for you till you do.

Stark is a dote btw, the fact that you think anything other than that shows how far from reality you are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

scojones wrote:
    Rozie, this thread, your ideologies and your cute little hatred for everything in this world is about as old as your sexual dry spell. I don't think anyone gives a crap. Go join a club or something.

I know you don't give a crap. You're an apathetic piece of **** - what part of this didn't I already acknowledge and tear in to you for?

Of course I don't get any - I'm a ****ing trannie and I live in Ireland. If even LGBs won't recognise my existence...
    So, when I ask you a valid question without malice, that's an attack on you.

I said almost every reply - and your still had no relevance to, did not counter my argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Beruthiel wrote:
    I take exception to that.
    My comments were genuine and made in the hope that you might actually take them on board.
    It's sad to see a person who clearly needs help and refuses to believe that it's the case. Life will be very tough for you till you do.

Stark is a dote btw, the fact that you think anything other than that shows how far from reality you are.

I do not need help. Except for some other Ts to get off their asses and stop being so scared of making some noise, that'd help a ton. This is an issue of discrimination - one of the times, yes, when it is in fact "everyone else" that needs "help".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Rozie wrote:
    when it is in fact "everyone else" that needs "help".

I don't need help.

Question.........if you were to get some, how would you go about it? Like you haven't got the op yet so are you still up for using your ding dong or what? If so a PM to Asok might be in order, he's always on the lookout on new and exciting stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I'll ask again. Please post up your arguments. I've scanned back through this thread (I don't have the time to read everything, you can appreciate), and all I can find is the argument that T should be included because Transsexuals are being discriminated against.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

oh rozie...

2003561830841215793rs.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I demand a H in there too to include Hetrosexuals!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

DeVore wrote:
    L;DR

DeV.
    fyp

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Some day in the future Rozie will come back and read this thread and realise Ruthie was right. Get help. You clearly are filled to the brim with anger and issues, and the only person you're hurting by not acknowledging that is yourself. Take a step back and read your own posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Rozie wrote:
    I said almost every reply - and your still had no relevance to, did not counter my argument.
    Well you see there is a slight problem with your argument. You present your argument and want people to counter it without relying on formal/informal logical fallacies. Fair enough.

The fundamental problem with that is that people aren't logical, and never will be. Their reaction will depend a large amount on emotion. Now, unfortunately (intentionally or otherwise, I have no idea) your posts can come accross as aggresive and hostile. The natural (emotional) response to that is to post in a similar vein, which results in all of the abuse that you are recieving. This also makes people ignore any point you actually try to make, as they respond to the emotional part rather than the logical argument.

Simply put, the only way to get people to counter your argument is to reduce the amount of negative emotion that comes accross, even if you end up commiting the fallacy of appealing to emotion. Look at your previous threads which haven't resulted in you recieving abuse, and are asking genuine questions, and try to apply the same tone here, and you will be fine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Rozie wrote:
    I would like to point out that the people running the LGB forum have ALWAYS allowed the most vicious attacks on Ts. They are completely unprotected there. It's not just the name.

O RLY?

Like Seamus said, I'd like to see you back up that claim.
    Rozie wrote:
    Leaving out the T in LGB is discrimination and exclusion. If you're a ****ing up little bigot who doesn't care about discrimination, I can see why this might not be an issue to you. But it should be.

Discrimination is a normal part of everyone's daily process. Every time I pass by a white bread sandwich at work, I'm being discriminating. If I move a thread on "what's your favourite butt plug?" to the Sex/Sexuality forum, that's being discriminating. The question is, can you come up with a valid argument as to why discrimination is wrong in this instance. Bearing in mind that we neither discourage transgendered posters nor transgendered topics.
    Blowfish wrote:
    Leaving out the T in LGB is discrimination and exclusion. If you're a ****ing up little bigot who doesn't care about discrimination, I can see why this might not be an issue to you. But it should be.

Indeed. Most debates could be wrapped up quite quickly on boards if everyone posted like robots and studying their rules of logical argument carefully before posting. But boards wouldn't be half as much fun if that was the case. It doesn't help that the people who do rely solely on rules of logical argument tend to come across as twats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Rozie wrote:
    I know you don't give a crap. You're an apathetic piece of **** - what part of this didn't I already acknowledge and tear in to you for?

Of course I don't get any - I'm a ****ing trannie and I live in Ireland. If even LGBs won't recognise my existence...

That's some good signature material. Thank you sir/lady/whatever you call yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Rozie wrote:
    How in the hell are remarks like this allowed but I can't make a fuss about the T in LGBT without being banned from this forum!? This is why I despise the moderation staff here - not only are they fascist little muppets, they have immense double standards as well.

With what I say, there's a grey area. There's no grey area here - it's a purely bigoted, insensitive remark.

I have a grey area, I changed the color of my start bar.

I think I am the only one here that can see through the troll act :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Ohh I'd say he's a troll alright.

Quite a few people are familiar with the poster in real life. He/She does have genuine issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Rozie wrote:
    In this thread?

As far as I can see there's no real reason to do it and no real reason not to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Stark wrote:
    Quite a few people are familiar with the poster in real life. He/She does have genuine issues.
    No frackin' kidding... :rolleyes:

DeV.

Crucifix wrote:
    As far as I can see there's no real reason to do it and no real reason no to do it.

I could suggest that we change the name of the "Coffee & Tea" forum to "Coffee & Tea & Hot Chocolate". There would be valid arguments either way but at the end of the day, you can't really say which decision would be correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Thaedydal wrote:
    I understand historically why the Trans gendered where lumped in with the LGB
    and with other alternate sexualities. It was all freaks or non norms together.

Put as LGB and to a lesser extend bd/s&m/Ds became more main stream there is a separation naturally occurring.

The current generations of teens and those in thier 20s who are LGB see it as being normal and themselves as a part of society rather then being on the edges.

They are defining themselves and they no longer id collectively as being an alternate sexuality.

Does this mean that Trans are the last as those who are misunderstood, hell no that is why furries were invented and plushies.

Trans gender issues need to be seen what they are an incompatibility of the person with the body they are in and not as a sexuality issue.

Maybe some day the trans gender community will have thier equalivent of a
    Senator David Noris and hopefully there will be some brave,
    well spoken soul who will reach out and charm and enguage people on the topic of those who are trans gendered and the issues they face.

Yes there should be greater awareness of this topic but you will only cause resentment by trying to smash the system and force communities to change when they do not wish to.

Again I suggest that if you want a forum for Trans gendered issues propose one.

This is exactly what I was going to post (particularly the part in bold). Well thought out and well written. Surprisingly Rozie seems to have just ignored the post.
    Rozie wrote:
    The reason I'm repeating the year and transferring is because of crippling depression and other mental health issues.

That's from another thread. Please, take Beruthiels advice, she's not in the habit of posting to make you feel bad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

This thread delivers

rozie, if you can, please answer my question without any any curses or personal attacks as I have never done that to you or even seen you around here before so with that in mind.

1) why is it discrimination for the name not to include t but its ok for it not to include s (for straight) there is a sexuality forum......this is not, as far as i can see, it. it is a forum to discuss lesbian gay and bisexual issues.

2)why is it discrimination when you can go through the exact same process everyone else here does to set up a forums specifically for "t" issues

3) why is it discrimination for lesbian gay and bisexual people to want to be seperated from "t" people......they are after all different

4) why do you still post here if you hate it so much.

if you can answer these without flaming great if you cant you have earned another person who is going to flame you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

PeakOutput wrote:
    if you can answer these without flaming great if you cant you have earned another person who is going to flame you
    Why would you flame him when its simpler (less fun I admit) to just ignore him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Why would you flame him when its simpler (less fun I admit) to just ignore him.

for the same reason i post here in the first place..............im bored in work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Stark wrote:
    I could suggest that we change the name of the "Coffee & Tea" forum to "Coffee & Tea & Hot Chocolate". There would be valid arguments either way but at the end of the day, you can't really say which decision would be correct.
    Exactly. There's no reason to go either way, so it comes down to a judgement call, which already happened (I gather from earlier posts on this thread) and the judgement was to leave it alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The fact that almost every reply in this thread has been a personal attack

And of course, that's nothing to do with how you conduct yourself on boards, is it?
    Democratic doesn't mean anything if all the people voting are idiots.

Well, that says it all doesn't it? In your opinion, and no other opinion is valid unless it matches with your opinion..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Rozie wrote:
    So boards.ie gets to be bigoted and nobody else does? Wow. The problem is you want me to appeal to you on the basis of your loopy boards.ie logic, which I'm not going to do. I'm going to appeal it in a general, objective manner.

That is what I have been asking you to do and so far you seem incapable of it.
    Rozie wrote:
    Leaving out the T in LGB is discrimination and exclusion.

Right that is you opinion please back this up and explain how.

There is no forum for Judaism on boards.ie this does not make boards.ie antisemitic, but it also does not give a jewish person the right to demand the Islamic board be renamed to Islam & Judaism on the bases they are both abrahamic religions.

If there was enough people who wanted a forum for Judaism they coudl go through the process to get it created.

You still have not explained why Transgender should be added to the LGB forums other then it is done that way elsewhere and to cry not doing so is discrimination.
    Rozie wrote:
    If you're a ****ing up little bigot who doesn't care about discrimination, I can see why this might not be an issue to you. But it should be.

If that was the case I would be posting STFU pictures and telling you to go suck my cock as I have doen to other nonsensical posters here in feedback.

Rozie wrote:
    I have no interest in dicussing anything rationally with someone who doesn't even consider discrimination to be a bad thing.

People discriminate everyday of the week on a serious of issues but when it is one to the detrement of a person with out founding by insutions it is not acceptible.
    1. The act of discriminating.
    2. The ability or power to see or make fine distinctions; discernment.
    3. Treatment or consideration based on class or category rather than individual merit; partiality or prejudice: racial discrimination; discrimination against foreigners.

I am perfectly entitled to discriminate against someone who is an aggressive arsehole for that reason and their sexuality, race, gender, skin tone, disabilities and mental health does not come into it.

So I will ask again

Why should T be included other then traditionally it has been, give me 3 reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Rozie wrote:
    The name is what matters.
    I disagree. Surely it's the substance that counts and not the title? If the forum deal with your genuine issues is a sympathetic and genuine matter then what the **** does it matter what it's called? It's disappointing that you get in such a strop over something so trivial as a forum title and feel the need to attack people from the very first post. Try changing your mindset, try a little tolerance like so many try to be tolerant with you. Try making your point in a polite and concise manner without lashing out accusations and maybe then you might see some positive reaction for a change.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement