Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LGB forum needs to change it's name.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Thaedydal wrote:
    People discriminate everyday of the week

Yeah, 'specially Saturday morning after the film when they walk right past you without saying hello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Evil Phil wrote:
    Yeah, 'specially Saturday morning after the film when they walk right past you without saying hello.

:( Bugger!

Honestly I didn't see you, I was trashed with too little sleep and a chest infection and just about got home to collaspe on the sofa with a lemsip.

Why didn't you yell at me or kick me in the shins or somthing ?
    Then again this chest infection has be nasty so maybe you were better of not getting hugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Doctor J wrote:
    I disagree. Surely it's the substance that counts and not the title? If the forum deal with your genuine issues is a sympathetic and genuine matter then what the **** does it matter what it's called? It's disappointing that you get in such a strop over something so trivial as a forum title and feel the need to attack people from the very first post. Try changing your mindset, try a little tolerance like so many try to be tolerant with you. Try making your point in a polite and concise manner without lashing out accusations and maybe then you might see some positive reaction for a change.

I couldn't agree more. The title of a forum does not define the boundaries around the content of the forum. That's done by the members and moderators through general agreement usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I never got why other groups make it LGBT. I thought transgender wasn't a sexuality issue but a body identity one? What has me rejecting my body got to do with boys liking boys? Are you saying you're transgender because you happen to like boys? Is that it? There are no other issues? If thats the case then LGBT all the way but somehow I doubt its that simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

I've read too many stories of emotionally disturbed people causing themselves or others harm based on things that happened in internet forums / chatrooms so perhaps it would be prudent for everyone to consider that before taking any more swipes at Rozie or anyone else for that matter.

Although Irish gun laws are thankfully not as retarded as U.S. laws I would still be a bit wary of what a person with as many issues as Rozie could be capable of doing if he was pushed too far.

Seung-Hui Cho anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

I could not agree more with Cartoon Head. It's all very easy to point the finger and yell at the "different one" or the "one with issues" . Yea yea yea, we all know that rozie has a way about her that would not endear her to most people from a social perspective. This may or may not cause her to ask things in a direct or rude manner. So fooking what? Ignore the thread that you find dis-tasteful, instead of regurgitating the same ol' "this is boards, blah blah blah" type post that not only make you look like a piece of the borg, but which are also as mind numbingly repetitive as are the rants you complain about.

If you have fook all original or helpful to say, well then, say fook all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 TheFlaps

There was a tranny in my college that was always causing trouble like this. Writing letters into the student paper about being discriminated against by the gays. Didnt help that it had hep. c and other diseases, was a recovering junkie and was a walking mess of a person. I wonder if they are the same people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

TheFlaps wrote:
    There was a tranny in my college that was always causing trouble like this. Writing letters into the student paper about being discriminated against by the gays. Didnt help that it had hep. c and other diseases, was a recovering junkie and was a walking mess of a person. I wonder if they are the same people.
    Oh...look.....A troll...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

TheFlaps wrote:

monkeyfudge has as much right to an education as anyone else!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 TheFlaps

Are you guys nuts? Its Rosie I'm talking about. The style of the complaint just seems very similar. I don't know these other trannies you are on about so I can't comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,992 ✭✭✭✭Stark

TheFlaps wrote:

It might have been Icequeen.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Hobart wrote:
    If you have fook all original or helpful to say, well then, say fook all.
    Bye bye to 90% of boards traffic, so.

I dont want to analyise, abuse or otherwise interact with Rozie. He/she seems particularly fixed in their viewpoint, to the exclusion of all others. You simply cannot win or even argue constructively with someone like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

Mordeth wrote:
    a roze by any other name would want to chop it's testicles off
    Mordeth wrote:
    Mordeth wrote:
    Mordeth wrote:
    Mordeth wrote:
    Mordeth wrote:
    Mordeth wrote:
    Mordeth wrote:
    Mordeth wrote:
    Mordeth wrote:
    Mordeth wrote:
    Mordeth wrote:
    Mordeth wrote:
    Mordeth wrote:

I have absolutely no reason to respect any of you as long as you tear into me, and not this poor excuse for a moderator. It's official: Boards.ie has bigoted staff. Who saw that coming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Emo Girl J

Hello. Rozie posted a link to this thread in a trans support chat, so I registered to say something:

I've met a lot of transgender people who are very angry, or very crazy, or some combination of the two. It's not unexpected... it's not an easy road, and there is a lot of discrimination that goes on.

However, there are those of us who realize that putting up a big stink and trying to force people to accept us isn't the way to go. Sticking the T on LGB has always been a strange marriage to begin with, as sexual orientation and identity are very different things (though a lot of trans people identify as LGB).

So, please don't think "crazy" when you think "tranny". Please don't think "angry loon". There are many of us who are very positive about things, despite the pains we've endured, and do work to make a difference in less dramatic ways. I myself go to high schools in the US and speak with students and school officials, telling them my story.

Please don't think badly of the trans community as a whole. We are all different; one person does not represent all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Rozie wrote:
    I have absolutely no reason to respect any of you as long as you tear into me, and not this poor excuse for a moderator. It's official: Boards.ie has bigoted staff. Who saw that coming?
    Didn't you already comment on that post? Why not answer some of the civil posts?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Emo Girl J wrote:
    Hello. Rozie posted a link to this thread in a trans support chat, so I registered to say something:

I've met a lot of transgender people who are very angry, or very crazy, or some combination of the two. It's not unexpected... it's not an easy road, and there is a lot of discrimination that goes on.

However, there are those of us who realize that putting up a big stink and trying to force people to accept us isn't the way to go. Sticking the T on LGB has always been a strange marriage to begin with, as sexual orientation and identity are very different things (though a lot of trans people identify as LGB).

So, please don't think "crazy" when you think "tranny". Please don't think "angry loon". There are many of us who are very positive about things, despite the pains we've endured, and do work to make a difference in less dramatic ways. I myself go to high schools in the US and speak with students and school officials, telling them my story.

Please don't think badly of the trans community as a whole. We are all different; one person does not represent all of us.

I don't think any of us would ever, ever think that really.

What we are working from here is a past history of aggressive outbursts from Rozie. Nothing is ever 'asked' for, its demanded, with swearing and aggression.
    Its not the best way to ask a community for anything. So hence the responses.

Theflaps wrote:

"Causing Trouble!" HOW DARE THEY TRY AND DEAL WITH DISCRIMINATION!

If you had any idea what it's like to be trans, you'd know how easy it is to fall into being a "complete mess". It's horrible that you'd use that against someone. For the record, I'm not a "recovering Junkie", and am relatively mentally stable.

This is an absolutely disgusting attitude you have. But most people, being stupid, equate aggressive to bad, and don't even notice your post. But they need to learn otherwise, so I'm not letting up any time soon. If I were to only win people over on the sound or style of my argument, it would defeat the point of fighting for people who don't want to be judged by the surface, and very often can't help being aggressive or miserable.

For the record, I had bad experiences being T when I was in UL, and UCC hasn't been much better to me(though Cork is ten times better to live in than the ****hole that is Limerick).

Over Christmas, I was kicked out of a house by a bunch of people who probably aren't very different to most replying to this thread, I even had comments on Bebo to get them by the balls, so to speak.

But the college did NOTHING, the LGBT did NOTHING. They refused to help. Nobody I went to was any help. Why? Because people didn't care, and were proud of it. Ireland's wonderful apathy at work. And part of the reason they didn't care, was that they weren't fully morally opposed to what's happening.

Which is terrible.

I know the way you think. I know the thoughts behind these absolutely atrocious attempts at responses, I know quite how stupid and horrible the way you are thinking is - I only wish the people making the responses would realising it. Being a majority doesn't make a difference if you don't have an argument for the majority to hold.

There are far too many people responding to this thread who have no interest in T issues, just coming here to attack me, the great self worthy mental patient crusader. And you wonder why I hate you all so much.

I have no reason to respect any of you. You might accuse me of being self righteous for assigning any importance to my feelings of others, but then you do get awfully worked up when I flip you off. Choose one or the other. Your stances seem to change to whatever allows you to be the biggest asshole towards me, yet I'm accused of being the troll.

Those accusations disgust me the most. If someone is a troll, you don't have to listen to them - they're trying to rile you up.

Discrimination DOES exist, and it IS real, this post-modern world wants to think otherwise, but it's so full of **** you could use it's brains for plant food. How on earth do you imagine a world without people like me in it?

Do you not realise that some people actually still believe in things?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Emo Girl J wrote:

Thanks for that post. I wouldnt judge a group of people based on one person, (that would be bigotry)and despite the silliness and cat posts here,:D I dont think the majority of boardsies would either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

ROFL @ Rozie posting about this thread on another tranny forum. The issue is not that Rozie is a tranny, it's that Rozie is an absolute fruit cake!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

As stated in l.g.b thread I don't honestly believe that l.g.b and T share that much common ground. I say that as an identifying Trans person myself...the difference is very considerable....and therefore I don't feel that T has any divine right, nor is it arguably appropriate, to be included in the L.G.B title. Is it that T is too weak to stand on it's own that it needs the shield of L.G and B? Yes I believe that this probably is the case. We are a numericaly very weak group...But that does not in my eyes necessitate an umbolilical cord to a disparate L.G. and B. T is separate and I don't view it as discrimination for it not to be included in the forum title.

Rozie I respect you....and I admire your conviction and your courage..none of us are perfect..none of us are without flaws..not you..nor I ..nor anyone here... But most people here mean well..they may not agree ..but most are not out to cause harm...remember that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Rozie wrote:
    I have no reason to respect any of you.
    Then stop expecting respect "in return".

Silverfish wrote:
    I don't think any of us would ever, ever think that really.

What we are working from here is a past history of aggressive outbursts from Rozie. Nothing is ever 'asked' for, its demanded, with swearing and aggression.
    Its not the best way to ask a community for anything. So hence the responses.

What are you talking about? I asked for the LGB to change it's name before - I never set out aggressive until much later. It's so easy for you to twist the truth to fit your strawman when you're part of the majority.

There is nothing wrong with being aggressive, assertive, if people are purely full of ****. Can you please explain what's wrong with demanding something that every single other LGB forum delivers? Why should I ask politely when 1) They refused this already, 2) The first post in this topic WAS pretty polite and was met with nothing but personal attacks?

The truth is most Ts aren't a ton better than the people on this forum. They're apathetic and hell, and suffer from some serious abused child syndrome. They rarely ever stand up for their rights, they just want to be left alone and let other people do all the work winning their rights for them. It's near impossible to get a T up off their ass to do anything. I did try and get a crowd earlier to try and say they were against this - but instead, one goes to the whole effort of decrying me on the forums, when they could have instead decryed the blatant and obvious discrimination and arrogance of Stark and his crew.

Isn't that amazing though? So very Irish. They won't go to the effort to deal with real discrimination, yet they'll take more than enough time to piss on someone who they see as going just a little bit overboard trying to win their rights for them. Why am I the only disgusted at this?

This is a worldwide phenomenon - but nobody does it quite as well, and defends it quite so stupidly as the Irish. You are like this person squared.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. This is WHY I'm so aggressive towards everyone here, this is why I don't show any respect to their supposed "arguments". Can you not see that being in the majority does not make you right? How are you right to chase someone for being overly assertive, but not for turning a blind eye to minority recognition?

They are horrible. Most trannies don't like me, and I don't like most trannies. But it doesn't mean they're not worth defending, maybe if they had a leg to stand on they wouldn't be so down about themselves. I would as soon be defending the rights of some of the prevolutionary milch in this topic if there was a good enough reason to do so.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Rozie wrote:
    What are you talking about? I asked for the LGB to change it's name before - I never set out aggressive until much later. It's so easy for you to twist the truth to fit your strawman when you're part of the majority.

There is nothing wrong with being aggressive, assertive, if people are purely full of ****. Can you please explain what's wrong with demanding something that every single other LGB forum delivers? Why should I ask politely when 1) They refused this already, 2) The first post in this topic WAS pretty polite and was met with nothing but personal attacks?

The truth is most Ts aren't a ton better than the people on this forum. They're apathetic and hell, and suffer from some serious abused child syndrome. They rarely ever stand up for their rights, they just want to be left alone and let other people do all the work winning their rights for them. It's near impossible to get a T up off their ass to do anything. I did try and get a crowd earlier to try and say they were against this - but instead, one goes to the whole effort of decrying me on the forums, when they could have instead decryed the blatant and obvious discrimination and arrogance of Stark and his crew.

Isn't that amazing though? So very Irish. They won't go to the effort to deal with real discrimination, yet they'll take more than enough time to piss on someone who they see as going just a little bit overboard trying to win their rights for them. Why am I the only disgusted at this?

This is a worldwide phenomenon - but nobody does it quite as well, and defends it quite so stupidly as the Irish. You are like this person squared.

They are horrible. Most trannies don't like me, and I don't like most trannies. But it doesn't mean they're not worth defending, maybe if they had a leg to stand on they wouldn't be so down about themselves. I would as soon be defending the rights of some of the prevolutionary milch in this topic if there was a good enough reason to do so.

So wait, what you're saying here is, we are prejudiced against transgendered people, and you are prejudiced against transgendered people, and they are prejudiced against you?
    we need to crack out the Venn diagrams for this.

Maybe they won't do anything because you are aggressive and rude.

Look, TWO other T's have posted here disagreeing with you. You yourself have said they don't agree with you.

I'll tell you your problem now. You don't know when to stop. Or when you are in the wrong.
    If you are in the wrong, its because people are Irish, or not Transgender, or boards.ie posters, and if they are transgender, its because they're transgender.

I mean, good grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Rozie wrote:
    2) The first post in this topic WAS pretty polite
    I suggest you reread your original post, it came accross as anything but 'pretty polite'

Crucifix wrote:
    Didn't you already comment on that post? Why not answer some of the civil posts?

You're missing the point. My point still stands.

You seem to think I'm such a horrible person, yet let comments like this pass. You are attacking me, and not someone who is unquestionably horrible and in the wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Emo Girl J wrote:

Hey there. I can understand it must be frustrating for one person to reflect so badly on your community, so if it helps, I certainly don't think less of transgendered people as a whole because of the actions and attitude of one person.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Rozie wrote:
    Firstly, the word demand. You shouldn't demand anything from boards.ie, it owes you nothing. If you asked politely before and they said no, well that sucks, but that's not carte blanche to be rude and aggressive on here.
    Secondly, just because every other board provides doesn't nessicerly mean boards.ie should. Many people have asked nicely for you to give some reasoning. I appreciate you probably made the case on that previous thread, but if you don't post any of it here, this thread remains fairly pointless.
    You're missing the point. My point still stands.

You seem to think I'm such a horrible person, yet let comments like this pass. You are attacking me, and not someone who is unquestionably horrible and in the wrong.
    Many of the posts are unkind, but as you said yourself you should ignore people who are trolling. You can't expect to get anywhere if you just keep exchanging abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Emo Girl J

Rozie, people aren't going to want to help you (or even listen to you) if they don't respect you. It's understandable that you're angry, but you need to channel that anger into something more productive.

Oh, and they will definitely not listen to you if you start sounding racist. You will lose any support that way. I'm part Irish myself, so I was immediately offended by some of the things you said.

Sangre wrote:
    I never got why other groups make it LGBT. I thought transgender wasn't a sexuality issue but a body identity one? What has me rejecting my body got to do with boys liking boys? Are you saying you're transgender because you happen to like boys? Is that it? There are no other issues? If thats the case then LGBT all the way but somehow I doubt its that simple.

But come on. Other forums do it - it's not just to do with the majority, but the definition. Do you really think that Irish people, especially the ***** in this topic, are going to be the ones to "finally figure it out!"? Why do they think they're smart enough to beg to differ, yet use the "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE TO SAY THEES TO US!" rubbish on me? Why is there so much hypocrisy going unnoticed here.

The fact is, that if T does not recieve support from the LGB, who ARE they going to recieve support from? They are not a strong enough entity on their own, such a small minority. They'd be stamped over.

The reasons why they go in with LGB and not some other random grouping is that their experiences are ridiculous similar, but much, much worse in the case of Ts. They suffer the same kind of discrimination. Most people don't care that Ts aren't technically G - they'll still shove them in the same box. It is not "giving in" to group similiarly - as LGBT grouping together is, or should be, all about defying discrimination. Ireland seems to be the one country that doesn't get this, it seems to think that it's just some sort of chat group. It's not.

Both LGB and T are about defying gender conventions. They are taking a wild U-Turn from what has historically been the role of sex and gender, and even if that's forgotten, still doing it very different to the majority. Just because one is about preference for another person's gender instead of your own gender does not make them so different.

Biologically, they are also believed to be caused by very similiar things - mostly likely abnormal hormonal bursts in the womb.

Ts are very often LGB within themselves, showing an even stronger biological connection too.

There really is a very, very strong argument as to why T goes with LGBT. It's ****ing pathetic that the people in this topic think they have a real majority - they don't. Most forums go with LGBT, for the reasons I have stated, and because despite some tiffs, it just makes sense as it's the "same sort of thing" even if it's got a different emphasis.

If T breaks from LGB, we recieve next to NO support. And that's exactly what happened in the LGB forum here - on numerous occasions Stark and the others refused to protect Transgenderism for attack, shrugging their shoulders at it when ever I raised an objection.

This is unforgivable. You'll notice i haven't been as aggressive in this post, but I still firmly believe the people involved deserve every bit of bile in my stomach.

This is wrong. It has to change. Ts need to be recognised and not sidelined anymore. I don't care for what you claim or who you claim to know and love regarding Ts, action is what matters here.

If the LGB here does not fully recognise T, this site as a whole should be blacklisted as Transphobic, as being against progression, being viciously conservative, conformist, and apathetic.

• Advertisement

Emo Girl J wrote:
    Rozie, people aren't going to want to help you (or even listen to you) if they don't respect you. It's understandable that you're angry, but you need to channel that anger into something more productive.

But it doesn't make a difference whether I'm aggressive or not - they don't listen. It's more productive to drill a point in if they won't take it in any other way.

Maybe you think it reflects badly on Ts - but I think you do. It's more important to show you have a backbone, that you're not willing to deal with this ****. Because what happens to Ts is that we get ****ed around, disrespected.

You're not going to earn any respect being a doormat - you need people that are both nasty and nice in their methods to prove we are truly human, to show all sides of the emotional wreckage we go through.
    Oh, and they will definitely not listen to you if you start sounding racist. You will lose any support that way. I'm part Irish myself, so I was immediately offended by some of the things you said.

Bull****. This is complete abuse of political correctness to cover the truth(as opposed to appropriate use of it, which is what the topic is about)

Most Irish people on this forum have shown utterly TERRIBLE attitudes towards Transgenderism. In real life, I've always had more or less the same experience.

This is a truth. I have observed it first hand, and most people here know it to be true, they just won't admit it.

Irish people are pretty ****ing **** when it comes to these things. If they think this is "racism", then they're wrong - they should work on changing their attitudes instead of trying to get off scott free under the cover of discrimination - which is my problem with them to begin with, they discriminate like Mugabe on acid in a room full of white people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement