Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport Photos for US Embassy

Options
  • 18-06-2007 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I need to get two passport photos for my interview at the US Embassy. On one of the forms the embassy sent me it say the photos must be square! I got passport photos taken during the weekend in one of those passport photo machines, but the photo area is more rectangle than square. Should i cut around the photo and include a big white border to make it square?

What have other people done with regards to getting the photos for the embassy?

thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

No, no, no, no, no! Passport photos are not the correct ones. They require photos that are 2"x2" for a visa. You can get them in specific places, but the easiest place is the Pharmacy across the road from the Embassy. They're well used to it.

These requirements must be met with the photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Kattyboy25

ahhhhh crap. thanks, i'll make my way down there this week to get the photos. I hope they won't mind if I used the wrong size photo for the medical!

where abouts is this pharmacy by the embassy?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's about 70maway, just over the bridge, across the road. The name begins with B I think.

Faith wrote:
    It's about 70maway, just over the bridge, across the road. The name begins with B I think.

thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Yep I got my photos done in that place not far from the embassy, they said there used to people coming in looking for them. I can't remember the name of it though. Good luck.

• Advertisement

I got the right photos at lunch time. The photos look great, ah I am one handsome man!

hmmmm I am still wondering if the typical passport photo i used for the medical will be okay! I guess there is nothing i can do about it now until the interview.

Advertisement