Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extra long 6-32 HDD screws?

Options
  • 19-06-2007 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

I have the Antec P180 Case, It uses Silicone grommets on the hard drive caddys to reduce noise/vibro and as a result the screws have to be longer.

i have done a search on the net by have been unable to find anything longer than the norm 6mm................someone else must have come across this?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

my p180 came with loadsa spare ones. if you didnt get any with your i suggest you contact your retailer or even directly to antec. if you cant be bothered go to a hardware store and pick something out cant imagine it would be too hard to find appropriate size maybe some washers bring the HD and tray with you and figure something out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Yeah was thinking of using washers, I got my case 2nd hand off the boards and there was no spare screws.....................i have never seen that size bofore (6-32) so was unsure as to if a hardware store like woodies would carry them, I know it stands for Size 6 screw and 32 Threads per inch, never came across anything like it beofre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

I got my case 2nd hand off the boards and there was no spare screws

Ooops!

That explains the bag of mystery screws I found the other day :D

PM me your address and I will throw them in the post to you ASAP.

Hope the PC is behaving itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Ha Ha good man, I was going to PM you but didnt want to bother you over something as silly as screws!

PM sent

Advertisement