Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Techwood

• 19-06-2007 12:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

Bought a Techwood 37" LCD in Tesco's this afternoon.
    Came home, unboxed it, noticed that the manula was missing but connected all the leads and fired it up.
    Innitially all seemed grand but then it started to switch into sleep/standby mode every 15 minutes. I can't switch it back on for a few minutes after that (screen will show a picture for less than a second but goes straight back into standby mode).
    I will be on the phone to Tesco first thing in the morning but was wondering if anyone here would have an idea of what might be causing this...

E.

P.S. It's one of these boys: http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Techwood_37_inch_LCD_HD_Ready_TV_10483-37722HD/version-1.asp

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

its just in sleep mode. is there an icon on the remote that symbolises a clock or something?? if you press that it should just cycle through the different sleep settings (15 mins, 30 mins, 45 mins etc)

moe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Alrerady thought of that and had a look at the sleep timer settings but it's turned of in the menu...

E.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Sounds like they took a returned faulty telly (minus the manual, which is probably still in the original owners house), and stuck it back on the shelf.

I had a similar problem a few years ago with a sandwich toaster I bought in tesco, only for me the problem was I opened it up to find bits of encrusted cheese on my "brand new" toaster.. I was disgusted. Tesco played a blinder at being "shocked".

Advertisement