Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair warning for travellers

Options
  • 19-06-2007 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Booked in online last week Dublin - Cork with Ryanair using Driving Licence. When i got to gate they would not let me on - because i used driving licence. They said it would be ok to check in in person but not online!!
    Any of you doing this make sure you use your passport - looks like Cork may be a Republic after all, at least with Ryanair.

I was able to fly up with Aer Arann no problem same arrangements. DAA confirmed it was ok also.

The lesson cost me €85 for single back with Aer Arann - but i got a free paper and a coffee and civility!!

No similar treatment from the Gestapo style gatemen - you can go back to checkin to get another boarding pass but we won't be here when you come back to Pier A i.e. the plane will be gone!

O'Leary's customer service charter is still screw you buddy!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

galinka wrote:
    Booked in online last week Dublin - Cork with Ryanair using Driving Licence. When i got to gate they would not let me on - because i used driving licence. They said it would be ok to check in in person but not online!!
    Happened at Cork Airport to one of the lads travelling to the goon game in April but luckily he had time to nip downstairs and book in.
    galinka wrote:
    Any of you doing this make sure you use your passport - looks like Cork may be a Republic after all, at least with Ryanair.

Glad to see that OLeary is recognising Cork as an independent Republic :D
    galinka wrote:
    I was able to fly up with Aer Arann no problem same arrangements. DAA confirmed it was ok also.

The lesson cost me €85 for single back with Aer Arann - but i got a free paper and a coffee and civility!!

No similar treatment from the Gestapo style gatemen - you can go back to checkin to get another boarding pass but we won't be here when you come back to Pier A i.e. the plane will be gone!

O'Leary's customer service charter is still screw you buddy!!

Have very mixed feeling bout ryanair. They do everything possiible to **** you over but on the other hand without them we'd be back to the old days of IR£200 + flights Cork to London.

Advertisement