Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another 5 years without investment for Wexford

Options
  • 19-06-2007 8:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

So Fianna Fail, PDs and the Greens are in. No ministers in County Wexford. Here we go again.....another 5 years without investment in Wexford.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Know how Wexford feels. But least ye had Yates and Howlin in recent enough times. They got the EPA and Dept of Agri HQ offices to Johnstown Castle.
    1979 since KK last had a Senior Minister. And boy does it show. It's sad but the sheep keep voting FF here so what can you do:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

maybe we might get briwne as a junior minister but thats useless and he is useless i think,,as said, the sheeep just vote the same way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

agreed. I work in Dublin now so wasn't about for the canvassing etc. From what I hear John Browne didn't even bother canvassing much this time but is still elected with his highest ever number of 1st choice votes. Unfortunately the biggest influence on people's voting preferences still appears to be the civil war.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭bazzer06

DO0GLE wrote:
    So Fianna Fail, PDs and the Greens are in. No ministers in County Wexford. Here we go again.....another 5 years without investment in Wexford.

Department of Agriculture, EPA - this is the amazing fruit of having three ministers in the county??

Another 5 years without investment - the usual Wexford them/us attitude which is absolute b******s.

New Theatre Royal
    New Library
    New County Council Offices
    New Dept of the Environment HQ
    New trains to Rosslare + higher frequency
    New high quality road as far as Rosslare - phase 1 of the Gorey bypass to open next month

ALL of which is going to happen in these forthcoming investmentless years

And thats just public investment - surely the huge amount of private investment we've seen of late is just a knock on effect? Tesco, PFPC, Clonard Village, Keywest....

Why do people seem to think we live in the most neglected, unfortunate corner of Ireland???!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭DO0GLE

The Department of Agriculture, EPA were down to the good work of Ivan Yates many years ago the last time we had a minister in power when we reeped rewards then. The heart of Enniscorthy and the whole area of Redmond Sq in Wexford were redeveloped before the time of the Celtic Tiger and I beleive that this was down to the politicans who were in place then.

Its clear in this country that ministers look out for their own back yard. Look at Martin Cullen who is spending BILLIONS for Waterford. We had to put up with the worst bottle neck in the country for years, Gorey, until a few weeks ago. Ever try crossing the bridge in New Ross on the Friday evening??? Ahh sure a new theatre and library will do us.
    As for the train line....thats it, one rail line so trains can travel in only one direction at a time.

I'd like to see big factories come into some of the IDA sites but I don't think we are going to see that in the near future

• Advertisement
Advertisement