Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Arse Of The Leaving Cert

Options
  • 19-06-2007 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭

Doing my last exam today - Chemistry and this is the arse end of the leaving cert for me. Thats it. Now I dunno about anyone else but im finding it hard to motivate myself for this, like I should be studying now, but in all honesty I couldn't be bothered. Theres a distinct lack of care about the whole thing.

Anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

yup, i know exactly what you mean, i have music on thursday and to say i need to cram would be an understatement i need to learn the whole course in two days:rolleyes:, and yet i can't bring myself to do it, fatigue i guess, ah...i suppose we're just tired after all those stupid tests which have been crammed into the last two weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

aye i have 2 more, chem and applied and i just dont care anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

I have my last four exams starting today (chem today):eek: And I feel the exact same, I've done Féck all for these last four exams!!! :eek:

Hj

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Yeah I know the feeling.

I thought that the breaks between exams would be very beneficial, and they have been to a certain extent, but I am much more apathetic towards studying than I was at the start. I've had thoughts of not bothering to study Chemistry today and just hoping for the best in the exam, but I've managed to make myself do a bit of work.

However, I think that this feeling of being fed up and apathy towards these last few exams is better than being under extreme pressure with 2 exams per day for a week and having to stay up late etc.

It's boring and annoying, but it's probably the better situation IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Feddd

Was doing 8 hours a day at the start and now I'm down to 4 a day. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Feddd wrote:
    Was doing 8 hours a day at the start and now I'm down to 4 a day. :(

Disgraceul :rolleyes:

I've never even done 4, that'd be special for me:)

Hj

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Be happy you're finishing today ... two and a half days until my next and last exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cheater

Here here to finding it hard to motivate ones self... I'm at my kitchen table and I've all my economics sheets thrown around me, yet I can't bring myself to looking at them, I've done everything possible, rang someone about a job, played hurling against the kitchen wall, read "The Mirror" seems theres a 5euro free bet in ladbrokes for "Ascot" today that might be my last port of call in an attempt to ditch study, I'm on this board, comforting myself by trying to convince myself I'm looking at predictions, and other peoples notes/opinions, when clearly I'm not...

Mistake #1:
    Not doing enough study all year, leaving myself that task of cramming.

Mistake #2:
    Going out twice at the weekend celebrating.. other peoples fortune of being finished

Mistake #3:
    My attitude towards studying yesterday, "Ah i'll get it all done tomorrow"...not happening

Oh well... please nobody reply to this as I will be forced to read your reply and then perhaps reply back again which takes another few minutes away from my studying.. OK focus, Elasticity....Who am I kidding!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

In fairness i've done a ridiculous lack of study for chemistry, mostly cause I never got it. And also cause I had like 5 days between History and this ''sure that's loads a time for studyin one subject'', but I spent the first 3 days 'relaxin' after the other tests, Saturday cleaning out the garage, Sunday: obviously a day of rest :p and Monday: hardcore pretend study. So today is screwed day.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Meh.I didn't do anything over the weekend, but I did a few hours of economics yesterday, and I plan on doing another 6 throughout the day.Then another 2 before the exam tomorrow....and i'm all set.It'll be weird when its all over.I mean the last month of my life has basically revolved around learning stuff.I mean i've only played bout 10 hours of games since mid May....And I'd usually manage 10 hours on a good day with nothing else on!!Tis madness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Only have economics and music left now and I'm only motivated by the fact that this time next week I'll be off inter-railing for 3 weeks and finally will be free. I'm still coming to terms with the reality that there's no more school for me. :)

For now though its back to the economics notes :mad: (but for the last time :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

I'm just exhausted at this stage and I'm certainly finding it hard to motivate myself...

what's more, I have Economics and Classical Studies tomorrow... possibly the worst day so far, and I think I'm just going to be wrecked for it...

I never pictured myself being this apathetic at the start of the whole thing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

Tbh, I wasn't depending on physics for points anyway so I didn't do a tap for it after I'd finished history. Feel sorry for those ones doing the practical subjects though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Accounting was my last one yesterday...supposedly my best subject. Good way to finish the LC...in a flourish! Oh but no. Accounting Paper-makers had to go screw that one up. Theres always one exam, this just happened to be it. Believe me, no matter how bad the exam is, its always great to know you dont have to go back to open a book for another exam...tis wonderful!

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Enemy Of Fate

Mushy wrote:
    Theres always one exam, this just happened to be it. Believe me, no matter how bad the exam is, its always great to know you dont have to go back to open a book for another exam...tis wonderful!
    Unless you have to repeat.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Feddd

Lukekul wrote:
    Monday: hardcore pretend study..

The bane of us all... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Unless you have to repeat.............

Well yeah, ut lets not get negative here. Leave that till the 14th august, just before the results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 SuZyQ!

Wooooohoooooooooooo its over its over I finished yesterday and Im telling you de relief just hit me I cant believe the past six years are over though they flew by its been great craic so hopfully all going well ill do well! f**K it feels great not minding what im writing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

I'm just hope from chemitstry and it's so good to be finished!

I can finally just sit back and relax and not feel guilty that i should be studying!

Now if only it was sunny!

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

I've still got two more, music and applied maths.

Yep I've become completely apathetic.. at first I had to cram so much but now I don't even care.. all I did for chemistry was like 6 exam questions :) I'm not counting it so I didn't care much. Going to be hard but I have to motivate myself for music... the end is tantalisingly close :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Ye im the same..Eco tomorrow and music on thursday..1 day to do music...And eco should go well..Music is easy anyway...

Its like..meh ill do it later..and it never happens...still not finished eco, but will do now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

i'm feeling it.... then again maybe we're right. for those of us who don't need to cram, we pretty much know what we're gonna know at this stage. no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

md99 wrote:
    i'm feeling it.... then again maybe we're right. for those of us who don't need to cram, we pretty much know what we're gonna know at this stage. no?

Ye you should...like cramming works for me..i try study but when it comes close..its all gone, so i have to cram

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

So here I am at 19:06, just over two hours since I finished the 'big' LC. Its lashing outside. How do I feel? I can't describe it tbh, its not the elation I was hoping for. It kind of has to hit me yet that I don't ever have to go into Ms O'Connors french class again or ever have to go through the sheer agony of learning off Irish essays. Maybe when my friends are finished I'll realise it then but I dunno, I'm kinda like shell shocked I guess. I was underwhelmed by the whole lot of it, not the monster it was built up to be imo.

Anyway thats me! w00t finished!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

cson wrote:
    So here I am at 19:06, just over two hours since I finished the 'big' LC. Its lashing outside. How do I feel? I can't describe it tbh, its not the elation I was hoping for. It kind of has to hit me yet that I don't ever have to go into Ms O'Connors french class again or ever have to go through the sheer agony of learning off Irish essays. Maybe when my friends are finished I'll realise it then but I dunno, I'm kinda like shell shocked I guess. I was underwhelmed by the whole lot of it, not the monster it was built up to be imo.

Anyway thats me! w00t finished!

might as well reach the only element you feel at home in any longer: brute oblivion.

and by you i mean...I.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Oh yes, I'll have a cut at achieving brute oblivion tonight, of that you can be sure. Still im kinda looking forward to friday moreso cos everyone is done for good then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Cain99

I know what you mean. I cannot be arsed to study for my last exam tomorrow. I got classics and i know f*ck all. But i have a nice bottle of Tequila that i bought from Ibiza waiting for me to get smashed on.:D

Advertisement