Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swimming pool

Options
  • 19-06-2007 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a public swimming pool in hte South side. Rathmines is just a few minutes away from but it closes at 7.40pm so not much use to me.

Thanks,

Jumpa

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Its a bit of a distance from Rathmines but theres a decent public pool in Monkstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Cheers Gridlock. Im going to one on Lansdowne RD tomorrow evening, will report back with my findings!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

if rathmines is close you could try the one in the mespil apts:

http://www.mespilpool.com/

The Mespil is members only, there are cheap deals but Im not sure how often I will use the pool so dont want forking out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

You could try Glenalbyn in Stillorgan. It's nice and not too expensive. When i was in shool we had compulsory swimming classes every Friday in blue pool in monkstown. This was before it was refurbished and I still have nightmares about it. I can't go back now no matter how nice people say it is!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

templeouge swimming pool aint too bad. its open to the public - at night too.

Yeah i just noticed the Cheeverstown pool is open to the public, thats right by me!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

When I was very very ickle I used to go to Snadymount to the pool there, I remember it being a nice pool but I can't remember whether you had to pay or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Terenure College swimming pool has re opened after an extensive refurbishment and is open until 10:30pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Thelikefaneire

There used to be a really bad one in Ballinteer, but it was closed. Thats one thing the southside lacks, a good comunity centre with things like a swimming pool that isnt some big business gym.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

A couple of the private gyms have pools, I think there is one on Clarendon Street and another in Dartry.

Advertisement