Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Mod request] Possible to change timestamp of a post?

Options
  • 19-06-2007 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭

Following a change of charter in the Teaching/Lecturing forum, I created a sticky and merged in a previous thread.

Problem is, the previous thread appears before the sticky details. Thread here. Is it possible to change the timestamp on Mawg's post so it appears after mine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Only an Admin can do that on the database.

One relatively quick and painless way of doing it is finding a post of yours or Mawgs that is prior to the first post of the sticky. Then you duplicate the post (I think that is still possible) by moving the post. And then you can edit the post to contain the new text.

If you find a post of yours or Mawgs on another forum that you can use give me a shout and I'll try and copy it from the other forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Thanks for that Gordon.

I moved in an old post of mine, pasted in the relevant text, and deleted the more recent post.

Now it looks a lot better.

Advertisement