Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd sagging skin on a cat??

Options
  • 19-06-2007 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Noticed this more last night and am a wee bit worried, any advise would be really appreciated.

We've a 10 month old female tuxedo cat.
    She was neutered at 6 months.
    After the operation we noticed a slight bagging of the skin on the side of the neutering and thought nothing of it.

Last night I noticed its become a lot more pronounced.
    Its handing low and the cat kinda has to hobble up stairs.

Upon feeling it & I know it seems odd but it felt like her intestines were hanging loose?!
    The Cat isnt fat at all, she's lean and healthy otherwise

Does anyone know what this might be?
    We're quite worried.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

It sounds like a hernia (intestines coming through stomach wall), get her to a vet as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Garth

Is it under her as opposed to on her side?

Get it checked out in case it is a hernia (they're usually easily fixed) but if it's not it could be simply fat... I have one cat, very oriental looking who is very slim and trim but he has these fatty things hangning from his stomach! We call them his "man boobs".

Advertisement