Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel in Galway

Options
  • 19-06-2007 11:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

For those of you that are planning a trip to Galway, I stayed in Days Hotel in Galway at the weekend and found it not only over priced, but lacking character, which from previous trips to Galway and the hotels I stayed in, such as Flannerys, it was full of life and staff not only made us all feel extremely welcome, but joined in on the entertainment also!!
    So my recommenation if you are planning a trip to Galway would be that you stay clear from Days Hotel and book in to a small hotel, where you will find the staff working hard to ensure you enjoy your stay and will also serve you a freshly cooked breakfast and not the microwaved slop I was served in Days Hotel!
    Other than that we had a ball in Galway, it is a kicking city!

Shuana

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Quite odd for a first post...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 DublinDan

If you REALLY didn't like it, and you obviously didn't, why not write a review on TripAdvisor? (http://www.tripadvisor.com). It's anonymous and the first place many people look at before booking a hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

Have to say i stayed here a few times, when it was the Ryans hotel, then when it was a choice hotel and since Days too over.... have to say the refurb is smashing and never had a complaint about the place, id be disappointed if its gone downhill as its a nice place for a family break

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

I wouldn't expect much character from a Days hotel but i'd expect a compfortable bed, decent shower and ability to get a standard meal & a drink in clean comfortable surroundings. That's their market and they are good at it.

They are one step up from Travelodge and at a similar level to Jury's Inn. - Every room in every one of their hotels has a similar layout.

For character always look for independent hotels.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Hang on Days Hotels are like ibis, there not about entertainment its just about decent price and a place to sleep, you obviously didn't research before hand and thats not Days Hotels fault.

Galway is a great place but if you want a hotel with atmosphere then Days Hotel, ibis etc are not the places to go.....thats just common sense :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Shuana wrote:
    For those of you that are planning a trip to Galway, I stayed in Days Hotel in Galway at the weekend and found it not only over priced, but lacking character, which from previous trips to Galway and the hotels I stayed in, such as Flannerys, it was full of life and staff not only made us all feel extremely welcome, but joined in on the entertainment also!!
    So my recommenation if you are planning a trip to Galway would be that you stay clear from Days Hotel and book in to a small hotel, where you will find the staff working hard to ensure you enjoy your stay and will also serve you a freshly cooked breakfast and not the microwaved slop I was served in Days Hotel!
    Other than that we had a ball in Galway, it is a kicking city!

Shuana

You probably got down late for breakfast.

Advertisement