Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milltown, Dublin - DigiWeb or Irish Broadband??

Options
  • 19-06-2007 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭

Hi - just wondering if anyone has any advice on which Broadband service to go for in the Milltown area of Dublin?

I've just moved in, and there is no phone line so am thinking of going for IrishBroadband just because of the lack of hassle. However, I know there's been a lot of problem with them, so am wondering have they got their act together at this stage?

What is DigiWeb Metro about - do you need a phone line or what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭trant

You won't go far wrong with Digiweb. Excellent service, I have had it since January and only two small outages (20 mins) since then.

I am on the Metro Plus (5mb) package and can't fault it. The 3mb package is €35 per month, and if you pay for the year in advance you get free installation. No phoneline is needed, they put a box on the roof of your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭joker77

A box on the roof - might not be allowed to do this - it's an apartment block :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Well if you don't want the line, you don't really have a choice. Clearwire and ripwave seems to be awful, more often than not.

Some people can fasten it on the balcony or something equally temporary. A bit of creativity may be called for.

Check out your options with the landlord or the management company to see what the story is.

Another idea: It's a slim shot but you could email eircom (I'm not sure how you can email the company directly anymore) to see if you can get eircom's wireless product (doesn't need an external antenna I believe). They've said that it's for people who fail the line test in Dublin, but mabye they would make an exception for you?

Otherwise, you'll have to bite the bullet. Broadband and line rental starts at €40 bundled together with BT or you can get higher speeds for the same price with Smart.

Advertisement