Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smeg appliances - any knowledge?

Options
  • 19-06-2007 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of investing in a smeg cooker (this one: http://www.smeguk.com/Catalogue/Product/A2-5.aspx?Req=6231862) and one of the fifties-style fridges. But looking at some of the reviews of the fridge in particular makes me think they may not be worth the money. Does anyone here have good/bad experiences of Smeg appliances?

And if this cooker isn't to be reccommended, what else (in a similar style, and with gas) should I consider, do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Ok for what's worth from me we bought an American Fridge Freezer by Smeg and it never worked properly. Eventually had to return it and get a refund. Then again we got an Maytag/Admiral after that and it turned out to have a design fault and ended up going back after 3 months. We have a Smeg dishwasher and it works and is fine but the kickboard under the door is plastic on a s/steel appliance and it keeps falling of! Don't think Smeg are anything like they used to be. The original company did go into liquidation I was told a few years back! I think it's nearly down to luck with some appliances. My mother in law has our previous 7 year old fridge now and it works like a dream. Some of the newer products just don't work like they used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

We were trying to acheive a similar look in the new kitchen but smeg were too pricey so we got a gorenje fridge and waterford stanley cooker which look very similar. I can stick a piccie up if you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

sweetie wrote:
    We were trying to acheive a similar look in the new kitchen but smeg were too pricey so we got a gorenje fridge and waterford stanley cooker which look very similar. I can stick a piccie up if you like?

That'd be great. How do you find the Waterford cooker? We had a Stanley range for years and it was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'll have to ask Mrs. Sweetie, but they were in power city, discount electrical (mountjoy) and clerys, I think. We got the cream ones.

Advertisement