Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incoming Call does not Ring

Options
  • 19-06-2007 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi my phone has started acting up. When I ring the landline I cant hear a ringtone from the landline phone. I have tried different phones but still the same. the weird thing is if i ring the phone and someone picks it up we can hear each other. i have taken the phone socket apart to see if any cables were lose and all I see is a blue and blue/white cable which seem to be fine. I rang eircom and they said everything was fine on their side. I can ring out no problem and internet aslo works. Any ideas would be great. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Do you have broadband? Maybe try phone without the DSL filter/splitter in case thats doing it.
    Also check the phone itself as there is on some phones a mute ringer button (for when its in bedroom etc).

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

No there is no broadband on phone I have tried 3 different phones now and the last one i tried rings twice and then stops. All phones i tried are working fine in neighbours house. Think I may ring eircom to send someone out.

Advertisement