Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prescribed Inderal to counteract palpitations

Options
  • 19-06-2007 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Visited my G.P as hd very severe anxiety and a terrfying rapid heart rate yesterday....my G.P. assures me that it is hugely unlikely to be any cause for concern..but said that this medication would reduce my at times rapid pulse...has anyone experience of it?
    Thanks
    Alan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

I was on it for a while a few years ago along with mercazole, being treated for graves.
    I had no problems with inderal but the potential side effects are scary from what I remember but like I siad it caused me no problems
    I don't think it something you can remain on for long time though.
    The mercazole on the other hand was a nightmare I was grand on it for ages and out of the blue took a severe allergic reaction it.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Nalced_irl

I think thats the same as the first med i was on for this. Think mine was half inderal tho. For me it worked for slowing down the heart rate a bit and thus preventing panic attacks or the sweats but i was only on it for a very short time so i cant really say what its like on a longer term. I didnt suffer any side affects while on it tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

Haven't actually started to take them yet..keeping them in reserve...as I haven't had palpitations since I visited the doctor!..difficult day today though..on a tour bus..which hugged the coastline!...I'm in some way phobic of heights..loads of cliffs and mountains...sounds irrational..but terrible!..I do feel I learned though...had a fear of heights as a child..but due to simply lack of exposure to heights I had largely forgotten it existed!...a day of some terror today!

Advertisement