Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spanish- EL fin!!

Options
  • 19-06-2007 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭

How did it go??

I found the written paper quite managable, but the listening was probably one of the hardest I have done EVER!!
    Hopefully I got my B, but i was really looking for my A..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭Dr.Slurm

Ya I totally agree with you, that Tape test was impossible!!:eek: The rest of the exam was good with a nice opinion, easy enough texts and a decent dialogo.:) Hopefully I can scrape an A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭glenroe2006

I was VERY happy with the written paper, the essay topic was fine, dialogue was manageable (forgot what onions are, but somehow remembered steak and mushrooms? lol) Totally agree about the Listening though, very tough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭greydiamond

Ordinary was a handy enough paper............comprehensions took a bit of work but the letter & note were easy. Tape was a bit harder then ever. Who else just could understand that 2nd guy??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

So more people here do do spanish? :D

Hmm, I thought it was good! Comprehensions were all grand.. only thing that caused me trouble on the written paper was the fact that I forgot steak and onions :) Did the letter as well though (rushed in the last ten minutes, never did one before :p) so hopefully one will work out well. Note was lovely and diary entry was fine...

Tape... The man speaking about the iPOD was impossible to hear... But I did ok up until no.7... is smelling like alcohol a physical appearance?? :p

The I-pod guy made the whole thing sound like one long sentance. Did anyone get how many songs his i-pod could hold??:eek: Am I the only one whos doin Ordinary level!!!!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

kisaragi wrote:
    So more people here do do spanish? :D

Hmm, I thought it was good! Comprehensions were all grand.. only thing that caused me trouble on the written paper was the fact that I forgot steak and onions :) Did the letter as well though (rushed in the last ten minutes, never did one before :p) so hopefully one will work out well. Note was lovely and diary entry was fine...

Tape... The man speaking about the iPOD was impossible to hear... But I did ok up until no.7... is smelling like alcohol a physical appearance?? :p

Yeah i forgot the words for steak and mushrooms, but got onions!! Yeah i had smelling like alcohol as a physical appearance aswell...i dont think it was worded "physical appearance"...
    The weather section in the listening was impossible!!! I guessed so much of it!

The I-pod guy made the whole thing sound like one long sentance. Did anyone get how many songs his i-pod could hold??:eek: Am I the only one whos doin Ordinary level!!!!:(

Im doin honours and i didnt even hear any mention of any songs, i thought i heard it was 10 giggabites...but didnt need it for our paper! He was so hard to understand

Didn't do pass but I think it was 7000? Don't worry if you didn't get that cause that's just a vague memory...

Weather was hard cause I forgot to revise it... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ocuf

yeah was 7000, anybody know what was the robbers face covered with?

I said something about a balaclava in my answer...but that was just a guess.

• Advertisement

I heard that his face was "jugado" but that doesn't make any sense :D I assumed his face wasn't covered, because if it was, why would he think that the assistants wouldn't look at him?

Maybe because he was trying to hide his face from cameras or something?? Or else he wanted to look like the stereotypical robber!! :D

Just looked up the word for balaclava....pasamontañas ???? Never heard that so im probably wrong!

How old was the robber?!?

How old was the robber?!?

cincuenta, fifty

Ha ha I knew it, cant believe i never have to do spanish again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D

I love Spanish... I hope I don't just lose it all :(

he was bald i think, any other physical appearances?

I think we're got quite a good describtion of the suspect, to bad they caught him in the shop:rolleyes:

My question is what the hell did he do when he noticed them watching him??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

kisaragi wrote:
    I heard that his face was "jugado" but that doesn't make any sense :D I assumed his face wasn't covered, because if it was, why would he think that the assistants wouldn't look at him?
    His face was enrugada, wrinkly. He took out a knife n threated them with it.
    Steak is filete mushrooms is champiñones or setas

he actually took out a penknife(navaja)

navajA

izzyflusky wrote:

haha you're kidding me? Wrinkly? I actually remember that running through my mind but for some reason I didn't put it down :rolleyes: I think I was pretty exhausted by the end :)

I got mushrooms, just forgot cebollas :D Anyway... it's over now! So I got zero marks for both those parts... But I'm relatively sure I got every other answer...

I finished at 11, didnt even do the letter. I HATE EM! n also the examiners started scratchin his balls n it was freakin me out tbh.so after makin sure i answered everytin i was meant to etc, i handed my paper in.

I probably finished around 11.20 but then I did all the optional parts just in case :D So by the end of scribbling down a letter on the page it was 12... Which essay did you guys do? I did the enfrentarse a sus problemas one... was a pretty open topic!

I did the one about the schools...I loved the diary entry, bitchin bout the dog. i tot was funny.
    Oh i i forget to ask, do yous do the novel in school??N if so did yous answer the questions on it or the other ones about the article

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Cogey Bear

That tape was near impossible, do u think they might mark easier if everyone found it so hard??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 sxcbbz

omg d tape was so hrd!!1 way hrdr den d tape in 2001!!!!!! .:(

XxXxXxMwAhXxXxXxLoVsYaXxXxXxBeXyXxXxXx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭glenroe2006

izzyflusky wrote:

I wrote bistec for steak, but I doubt they'd really penalise you for saying filete.

Advertisement