Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

skin problems

• 19-06-2007 1:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

I'm female, 23 years old.
    Problem is that my skin looks much older than my age. It's not as smooth as it should be at this age!
    I don't spend much time in the sun, I drink lots of water, and I try to eat healthy.

What else can I do?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 757 ✭✭✭milod

If you smoke, then stop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Are you too thin ? Maybe eat more and add a bit of fat to your face ..seriously.
    A friend of mine looks about 10 years older as she's skin and bone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Ahhhh what is your definition of "much" time in the sun???

Do you wear SPF everyday/if you are in the sun?

Maybe it is hereditary also. Look at your mam/sisters (if you have any). Are they the same as you?

Maybe you are using the wrong products for your skin - have you gone to a beauty therapist/had a consultation?

If you smoke, smoking is definately not good for your skin, but it wouldnt cause that much problems at 23.

Are you sure you are not over-analysing your skin a little?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Book a treatment with a beauty therapist, and get their opinion on your skin. After that, the not smoking advice is good, drink lots of water (any of my friend who do have fab skin) and make sure you are eating properly, you cant have good skin without good nutrititon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I don't smoke, never have.
    I spend very little time in the sun. Even on nice summer days I am always the one working, so I'm never out catching the rays.
    I am skinny, but I don't consider myself too skinny.
    As I said I do drink lots of water and I try to eat well.

Think I will try doing the beauty therapist thing though.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭G&T

Health food shops have loads of products for every type of problem.

I recently bought HRI,CLEAR COMPLEXION tablets.
    They are great,my skin was dull and grey looking and I was prone to breakout's and these were recomended,after 2 weeks I look well rested and am a nice healthy colour.

Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

G&T wrote:
    Health food shops have loads of products for every type of problem.

I recently bought HRI,CLEAR COMPLEXION tablets.
    They are great,my skin was dull and grey looking and I was prone to breakout's and these were recomended,after 2 weeks I look well rested and am a nice healthy colour.

Good luck.

Thank you!
    Will definately give that a try!

Advertisement