Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subjects with Projects

Options
  • 19-06-2007 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hey all, so I know this is a stupid question but the marking scheme including projects kind of confuses me. My question is this, I do both hist. and geog. where projects are worth 20%.

Now does that mean that the written paper is in it's entirety worth 80% (if you get full marks ie. 100%) and the project is worth the other 20? So you have to get 100% of the written paper right and almost 20% of the project to get an A1. Or, You get your mark for the paper say 65% and if your project gets full marks 20% and just add them together giving 85%.

Sorry if this sounds confusing but it has been bugging me. I did a pretty good history proj. but if I did as badly in the paper as I think I did then this whole project business could drag my mark down further!! Help please! And thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Yes the written paper is worth 80%. I don't think it's as easy as 65+20....I think they take the marks seperately and combine them in a fairer way...

Mackleton wrote:
    Now does that mean that the written paper is in it's entirety worth 80% (if you get full marks ie. 100%) and the project is worth the other 20? So you have to get 100% of the written paper right and almost 20% of the project to get an A1. Or, You get your mark for the paper say 65% and if your project gets full marks 20% and just add them together giving 85%.

Sorry if this sounds confusing but it has been bugging me. I did a pretty good history proj. but if I did as badly in the paper as I think I did then this whole project business could drag my mark down further!! Help please! And thanks in advance...

Ok, the project is worth 20% of the 100% of the mark. The exams are worth 80% of the 100% of the mark. If you get an A1 in the 20% and an A1 in the 80%, you'll get an A1.

So if you get 65% in your paper, that will translate to 52% of your total mark (.8 * 65), with your project marking up whatever else of the remaining 20% you'll get. Similarly, if you got 65% in your project, you would get 13% of your project, so that would give you a total of 65% overall (as you would guess).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

If you got 100% in your histort exam: that's 80% of the final grade basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

say if the whole thing is maked out of 500,

there would be 100 marks for the project
    and 400 for the paper

ie,you would need 450 for an a1, if you got 90 marks in the project and 360/400 in the peper, then you get an A1

Advertisement