Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Traveling Wilburys

Options
  • 19-06-2007 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭

Has anyone listened to it??

Just finished listening to it, i love it, the contrasting styles between all the musicians is fantastic...Bob Dylan, George Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Tom Petty and Roy Orbison, what a combination...

For me it gets ***** / *****

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 gero13

No.....seen it today while browesing, but had no money....:(

damm your making me fell jealous now,......:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Yea it's great that they're re-releasing it.

Up until now, their CDs have been almost impossible to comeby. I had to order their albums off some dodgy russian site a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

The only wilburys song I like is handle with care... I found the rest a bit meh. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭idlesupernova

My Dad has them on Vinyl but he's delighted he can play them in the car now, BTW I bought the 2cd+DVD in tesco for the usual bargain price:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

The Mrs. picked this up for my birthday over the weekend, because like many, I was looking for copies for years.

I dvd that comes with this is excellent. I cannot say enough about it. Very intimate and shows the procesess that went in to the original project.

Seeing Roy Orbison in his final days also makes this worth the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Dublin's Finest

Nobody's Child is a tune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Great tunes and a great package at a sensible price. Let's applaud the music industry for finally putting something out that is worth the money asked :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

The second disc is pretty dodgy IMO. They really miss Roy Oribisons vocals (who wouldn't?). It seems weird to me, I'd put George as second best to Roy vocals wise but Dylan gets a **** load of microphone time. Classic tunes on volume one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Seeing Roy Orbison in his final days also makes this worth the price.

True! Also seeing "superstars" of music just jamming like ordinary guys and having a laugh was deadly to see! I can't get enough of it! I hope in time that Volume 2 will be released!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Volume 2? Accoring to the inlay George called Volume 2 "Volume 3" for a laugh and that's the second cd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

ya there is no volume two , bought this today and its great ! :D

Advertisement