Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBox360 Cable Connundrum

• 19-06-2007 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hi,

Just traded my Wii for a pre-owned XBox360 last week. I haven't got a HDTV and was wondering if it was worth me getting a component cable for my CRTV? The only connections the CRTV has is 2 SCART connections so not sure if I can use the regular component cables, might be limited to RGB cable? Tbh, my TV is about 5 years old and I'm not sure its even 60hz, although I can play GOW and DIRT with no issues. It's just that GOW looks very dark and the colours are really bland. I'm sure the game is meant to look better then this!:D

Any advice?

Cheers
    Dex.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Your TV doesn't have component input so you can't use a component cable. RGB SCART may improve the picture quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

What koneko said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 dexterfletcher

Thanks lads, are the official XBox cables the best or would I be better buying any 'aul one off EBay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

The official are supposed to be better quality than most, but on a CRT in SD I'm not sure you'd notice the difference.

Advertisement