Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pick up hitch

• 19-06-2007 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

Has any one got or know of some one with a pick up hitch for a mf 35 or 135. I need one :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

there is a vintage tractor show in crossmalina in mayo in 2 or 3 weeks, i was at one yesterday and seen a 35 with a puh, there was a load of stalls selling everying you could amagine for 35,135,65....... i got two wings(mud guards), wiring loom, set of pipes for the rediator, fan belt, rev counter and the air filter that sticks out of the bonnet. all for €200!
    try this site as well http://www.tractorspares.ie/index.html im restoring a 35 at the moment, that site has pretty much everything. they are based in Longford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

tried that site and alot of other places, but no company seems to have one. You would think there would be a demand for them and that places would have them, but seemingly not :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Try Genfitt Mayo Ltd., Knock Rd., Kiltimagh, Co. Mayo Tel 0949381377

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭fastrac

you should go to a few shows and ask the guys with the masseys on show

looks like thats my only option. Heres me thinkin that it will be easy to pick on up. You the same fastrac that has the silage vids on youtube? :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 big_ron

Hi Guys,
    On a slightly different but related topic, does anyone know what the best solution for connecting a ball hitch to MF 135? Mine has a puh, but no obvious ways of connecting ball hitch. I have 9 hole bar, but thats' not a great option because the trailer drawbar is constantly trying to rotate the bar..

cheers,
    gARY

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

big_ron wrote:
    Hi Guys,
    On a slightly different but related topic, does anyone know what the best solution for connecting a ball hitch to MF 135? Mine has a puh, but no obvious ways of connecting ball hitch. I have 9 hole bar, but thats' not a great option because the trailer drawbar is constantly trying to rotate the bar..

cheers,
    gARY

unless i dont get what u mean, u can buy a ball hitch with a bolt on the end that fits those bars. I remember wehad one on an old dexta once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭emaherx

tred wrote:
    unless i dont get what u mean, u can buy a ball hitch with a bolt on the end that fits those bars. I remember wehad one on an old dexta once.

yes but you need a nine hole bar with stabalising bars connected to the top link pin. or alternativily use the swinging drawbar that came on the tractor

Putting the ball through the nine hole bar will be fine if your drawing very heavy such as mini diggers and the like. I have a draw bar and put it on the top of that but seens as you dont have one thats no good to you

What i have seen done to good effect is welding or bolting a tow ball to a pick up ring and adding 2 stabilising bars, running from the pick up ring to the top of the gearbox/diff housing. Thats the best i can do at explaining it :D

thats all fine but housings dont come cheap if you have a mishap and crack it

• Advertisement

thanks for the replies Guys, Tred, I have a ball hitch that will fit the nine hole bar, but problem is that it needs some mechanism to stop the bar from turning..there are some solutions on the web, like here:

http://www.owossotractorparts.com/product.aspx?id=5723

Foxman, i've seen the exact yoke you speak of, but it wasn't a 'made up' one, they come factory made with some tractors. Just wondering if there was some 'off the shelf' solution for a 135 ..

Thanks again,
    Gary

Your better off to find one of them so and if you cant find them, they dont look too difficult to make.

In the manual for the 35 a 9 hole bar is the prefered pulling point for trailers, using stabilising bars. I prefer the clevis draw bar my self and stick the ball on it.

This is the exact yoke I need, any idea what they're called ?

http://picasaweb.google.com/gary.ronaghan/Massey

Cheers,
    Gary

Yea thats what i was on about, but i have no idea what its called, thats if it has a name. Trying to get one will be the problem. I reckon it'll be easier to make one

Thanks Foxman, the oldman has got something made last weekend, i'll take of pic of it and post it for anyone thats' interested.

Another question, thinking of buying the workshop manual for the 135, is it worth the bother? Does it make repairs, servicing any easier? wheres' the best place to buy ?

cheers,
    gary

loads of them on cd for sale on ebay. dont know if theyre any good though

I odered one of them yesterday ... will let you know if its' any good, I think the manuals are in PDF so they should be easy enough to e mail if anyone wants it ..
    /gary

Its useful for small bits of information like valve clearences and bolt torques.

Any one been before,any good, worth a look?

http://www.cooleyvintagefestival.ie/index.htm

• Advertisement

Was thare for the last challenge, it was great crack. Dont know about this year though, Im having trouble with ground conditions this week with only 4 tractors, never mind 2000 :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

am these are now availble new. pm mr for details

These are available new now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PetieD

Hi,
    We got a new model pick up hitch for old MF35 we have also fits 135.
    See pic attached.
    Check out Hand Engineering, based near oldcastle, Co. Meath. We bought our new one there.
    Best of luck,
    Pete
    :cool:

hoe much was the hitch from hand eng petie?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PetieD

Hello there, we gave 510 for it. good strong hitch.
    Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MTL79

I was going to ask mrfoxman what hitch you were looking for, The old T bar hitch is grand if you are restoring a tractor and want the authetic look, but at times they are a bugger for letting the towing eye slip out, and they are very low clearance, the automatic hitch like the one petit has shown is a better job practicaly, as you can leave it on the whole time, but I dont need to tell you that!

are you same guy that has the restored 1135 on youtube?

MTL79 wrote: »
    are you same guy that has the restored 1135 on youtube?

Yea, Thats me, what you think? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Trx

Well Done Foxman.. That 1135 is a credit to you..

Long nites out in the shed I would say...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

Savage tractor, great vid. Would she pull a 10 tonne hitachi?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 scubydu

tried that site and alot of other places, but no company seems to have one. You would think there would be a demand for them and that places would have them, but seemingly not :confused:

i just saw one on ebay 470euro!

Advertisement