Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions on Travelodge or Days in Waterford?

• 19-06-2007 2:54pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if the Travelodge in Waterford city is any good? Seems to be a good price, and according to the site it's 3 stars, but someone might know from first hand experience if it's any good!!!

(I'll be getting the train too - so if it's easy to get to from the station that'll be a big bonus).

Other place I have in mind is the Days hotel... anyone know what that's like?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭joe25

Days hotel is the old bridge hotel.It is not even 5 min walk from train station and it close to city centre.Travel lodge is about 25 min walk from trian station and about 15 mins from city centre.Not sure what they are like to stay in but i would go for the days hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,399 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i stayed in travel lodge for the night a while back. Place was clean, bed was comfortable - didn't expect anything more really. Was ok. Also, it is right beside Eddie Rockets :D

However, as mentioned, it is a fair bit out from the town.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Thanks for that.

The Days in Waterford is about €100 more than the Travelodge - not sure if I mind the extra walk all that much! Odd, because the Days in Kilkenny is around the same price as the Travelodge, and they tend to have uniform prices across all their hotels, including their Dublin ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I stayed in the Travelodge in Cork not too long ago, I assume that they are all built to a standard and will be pretty much the same the country over.
    It was like staying in a prefab, clean and comfortable but it had the feel of a place that was put up over night. Wouldn't go back to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Travelodge isn't too far. You can get the Tramore bus from the bus station every 30 minutes out to it, but it would be cheap enough in a taxi too. Building is a lot newer too.

You still save money even with getting taxis.

• Advertisement

Thanks for all of that - as it turns out, I wrangled a great deal from the hotel I was originally meant to be going to, but all of this will be good for future reference.

(Long story short I was going to the Carlton Abbey in Athy, Kildare, but realised that the "special offer" I had booked with was anything but special. Spoke to them to vent my frustration at basically being lied to [was told it was 2 nights for the price of 1 when it was only €20 cheaper than the current room rate and was sans breakfast] and when they couldn't do anything I started to look elsewhere, hence this thread. Anyway - a relative gave me a voucher they had that they weren't using from Woodies, put it through and managed to get the same hotel, 3 nights B&B for 2 people w/ 1 evening meal all for €198 - that's less that I would have been paying for 2 nights room only with the same dates and cheaper than 3 nights in even the crappiest of hotels!)

So thanks again - will remember the suggestions when I'm looking for my next break!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭deisemum

My neighbours are going to the Carlton Abbey next week and are using the Woodies voucher. Does the voucher not cover breakfast?

deisemum wrote:
    My neighbours are going to the Carlton Abbey next week and are using the Woodies voucher. Does the voucher not cover breakfast?

Yeah, it should to - as I said, I'm getting 3 nights B&B with 1 evening meal as part of it - it was the previous offer I used (CDWOW! offer, actually) that wasn't at all special and was for room only.

Advertisement