Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Days hotel (or other) in Kilkenny?

• 19-06-2007 2:58pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've posted something similar on the Waterford board as I'm thinking of going to one place or the other...

Anyone know what the Days Hotel in Kilkenny is like? seems like a decent price but would like some first-hand opinions if possible!

What's it like in terms of accessing the city centre too - it seems close-ish but is it walkable or will we need to get taxis etc.?

Am getting the train there too - is it located reasonably near the station?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

One of the lads in work stayed there last week. Its nice enough. Its walkable but a bit of a hike - its out on the ring road. You'd be better off getting a taxi, especially at night. Its not within walking distance of the station, but again it'd only be a five minute taxi ride if the traffic is light.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

The food is meant to be really good

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Thanks for all of that - as it turns out, I wrangled a great deal from the hotel I was originally meant to be going to, but all of this will be good for future reference.

(Long story short I was going to the Carlton Abbey in Athy, Kildare, but realised that the "special offer" I had booked with was anything but special. Spoke to them to vent my frustration at basically being lied to [was told it was 2 nights for the price of 1 when it was only €20 cheaper than the current room rate and was sans breakfast] and when they couldn't do anything I started to look elsewhere, hence this thread. Anyway - a relative gave me a voucher they had that they weren't using from Woodies, put it through and managed to get the same hotel, 3 nights B&B for 2 people w/ 1 evening meal all for €198 - that's less that I would have been paying for 2 nights room only with the same dates!)

So thanks again - will remember the suggestions when I'm looking for my next break!

(I copied/pasted this in the other thread in Waterford too, btw, just to make things easy for myself!)

Advertisement