Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ring Of Kerry

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

dohouch wrote:
    This might have been me, if so I didn't complete.:mad: Go to Kenmare, with a knot in my shoulders so bad I went for a message. When I was getting the message, and the girl was working on the knot in my shouldder I almost lept off the table with the pain when she tried to work on the knot, worse than the dentist hitting a nerve. This is my third time doing the Ring and have completed the others. I think the energy I had this time came from Pasta loading the night before. Hadn't done that ever before. Might have been a bit bored, should really try some of the other runs around the country,even though the weather was the best ever, probably the best day in 4 or 5 weeeks down here in Kerry.

The first thing i would say would be buy a bottle cage less chance of causing accident . you seem quite strong maybe you should invest in a road bike and listen to what people tell you rather then riding on your own so much with the constent attack after attack when you could have kept a steady pace and not get dropped you were with us in killorgan and half way to the food stop you then got dropped by us as we were leaving you were only arriving. Well done any way hope to see you next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

Really enjoyed the ROK. Was my first time doing it since '91.
    Feed stops were very professional, could have done with better stewarding to ensure that traffic was stopped for cyclists entering & leaving the feed stations, (and also at the Gleneagle).

Due to the numbers involved, they should consider staggered start times. The Gardai should also insist on the rules of the road, a bunch of 20-30 talking up the entire left hand side of the road is not on.

One huge benefit over the last time I did it was the fact that the organisers did not force people to stop at every town. in '91 we stopped at every town, and they would only allow the entire group to leave each town at the same time.

Took it handy on the day, and took plenty of chances to look at the scenery...never noticed before how beautiful the ROK is.

Will be back next year

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

rash wrote:
    Really enjoyed the ROK. Was my first time doing it since '91.
    Feed stops were very professional, could have done with better stewarding to ensure that traffic was stopped for cyclists entering & leaving the feed stations, (and also at the Gleneagle).

Due to the numbers involved, they should consider staggered start times. The Gardai should also insist on the rules of the road, a bunch of 20-30 talking up the entire left hand side of the road is not on.

One huge benefit over the last time I did it was the fact that the organisers did not force people to stop at every town. in '91 we stopped at every town, and they would only allow the entire group to leave each town at the same time.

Took it handy on the day, and took plenty of chances to look at the scenery...never noticed before how beautiful the ROK is.

Will be back next year
    when you have a group that size of course they are going to take up the left hand side of the road even a bunch of ten riders take up a good bit of the road thirty will defo take it all up. again its an event and not training

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 noieralc

Hi Crash,
    I'm going to go for the 100 miler on the Sean Kelly tour...I'd like to try the 160 one but I'll be at the Stones concert the day before so God only knows what state I'll be in(have been waiting to see the Stones since I was about 14...so I tend to enjoy it!)
    Although with the weather the way it is I'll probably only be fit enough to do the 40 miler!!

Advertisement