Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I have a loan of an Alesis Micron...help!

• 19-06-2007 3:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have a loan of a Alesis Micron for a few days. I want to mess around with it a bit, see if I can put anything together. I have no experience with making electronic music whatsoever, so was hoping someone here could give me a few tips. Or even point me in the right direction?

Cheers:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Cianos wrote:
    Hi,
    I have a loan of a Alesis Micron for a few days. I want to mess around with it a bit, see if I can put anything together. I have no experience with making electronic music whatsoever, so was hoping someone here could give me a few tips. Or even point me in the right direction?

Cheers:)

Well I mean, there's a basic sequencer for knocking out drum patterns and the like on it, but unless you have a method of recording and multitracking, you're kind of limited to live playing. Lovely sounding synth when it's amped up, keybeds not the greatest though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

jimi_t wrote:
    Well I mean, there's a basic sequencer for knocking out drum patterns and the like on it, but unless you have a method of recording and multitracking, you're kind of limited to live playing. Lovely sounding synth when it's amped up, keybeds not the greatest though.

Hi thanks for the reply. What could I use to record?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Cianos wrote:
    Hi thanks for the reply. What could I use to record?

Well, putting it simply, if you don't know what to use to record, then you probably don't have the necessary equipment to hand.

Usually a USB/MIDI Recording interface would be used, or in terms of low-tech options a cassette four-track.

For instant gratification, I'd advise fecking about with the arrangement patches. I'll be honest, you won't be able to "make" electronic/dance music - but I mean, you admit yourself that you haven't a clue. If it was as easy as buying a keyboard and banging it out everyone would be doing it.

(handbag-house aside :D)

Advertisement