Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hard Drive Error

• 19-06-2007 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

I am having problems with my hard drives. It all started when I bought a new case and transferred my components into it. Initially it worked without any problem. On the second day though windows froze when I tried to open a foder. I restarted the computer and it got as far as the log in screen and froze again.

I reset the computer and this time it only got as far as the loading screen. The fourth time i tried to start it in safe mode and it got as far as the bios. In the end it couldn't even detect the hard drives (all 3 of them).

I had a look inside the case as I though it was something to do with poor connections but could not see anything wrong. When I restarted it though it was working okay again but it said it had detected some errors on one of the drives (not the one with windows on but the one that had the folder I was trying to access when I had my initial problem).

Unfortunately this problem has popped up a few times since and it always seems to be solved by switching off the computer for a short time. Anyone any ideas what might be going wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I'd check the insulation.

Remove everything from the case and check the mobo is not shorting on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭godskitchen

Could be over heating? how are the drives being cooled?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

It sounds like

A) Software problem - unlikely if you didn't change hardware.

B) Hard drive is failing with defective clusters on it - back up all your data right now. Use diagnostic tools from HD makers web site to check the drive for errors.

C) Bad RAM - use Memtest+ to check it.

Advertisement