Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cant receive emails through microsoft outlook

• 19-06-2007 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

hi first to post, i can usually find what i need but no dice today.
    up till friday i have been receiving emails through ms outlook no problems, but i have not received anything since monday, i have tried to send myself an email from internet account and it does not go through.
    not very techy but would have an idea to fix if lead through the issue.
    any help appreciated
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

Hi there,

There can be mulitple reasons to why you haven't received any emails.

First I'd like to ask: Did you change any thing what so ever on your PC from it worked till when it didn't work? For example did you install some software, uninstall some software or manipulate some settings or something similar?
    I guess that you do have internet connection still?

What edition of Outlook do you use/have: Outlook express, Outlook standard etc? The "bigger" the version the more features you can "mess up"... ;)

Maybe you can check your firewall, and/or windows firewall for Outlook not all of a sudden being "banned" or similar...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Who is your internet provider? Have you got the incoming (pop) and outgoing (smtp) servers set correctly?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 va11anceh

i figured out why i was not receiving emails....i had forgotten to renew my URL.....I did this and received emails again, but now the same thing has happened and i can not receive emails again.....any further ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 23 va11anceh

twanda wrote:
    Hi there,

There can be mulitple reasons to why you haven't received any emails.

First I'd like to ask: Did you change any thing what so ever on your PC from it worked till when it didn't work? For example did you install some software, uninstall some software or manipulate some settings or something similar?
    I guess that you do have internet connection still?

What edition of Outlook do you use/have: Outlook express, Outlook standard etc? The "bigger" the version the more features you can "mess up"... ;)

Maybe you can check your firewall, and/or windows firewall for Outlook not all of a sudden being "banned" or similar...
    Hiya.....i figured out why i was not receiving emails....i had forgotten to renew my URL.....I did this and received emails again, but now the same thing has happened and i can not receive emails again.....any further ideas....
    have MS Outlook 2000.....have checked my firewall settings they all look normal......irish broadband is the internet provider, the email provider is eircom.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

When you say "i had forgotten to renew my URL" I take it that you mean you forgot to renew your IP?

If that is so, then I would suggest that you open up your command prompt (click Start->Run type in "cmd", press OK) and then try pinging your provider when you experience the problem. To ping write "ping mail.eircom.net" if that is the server name mentioned in Outlook.

If you do NOT get a reply that is your problem - no proper configured internet connection/DNS server.

If you get a reply then it might be helpful if you could give more info on the exact error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

.irish broadband is the internet provider, the email provider is eircom.net

me too

you must change the outgoin mail stmp....

to

smtp.irishbroadband.ie

Advertisement