Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

blown fuses

Options
  • 19-06-2007 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

can anyone tell me why the car would blow the fuses for the wipers and blew the second as well when i put one in
    its a 96 celica import

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

babybundy wrote:
    can anyone tell me why the car would blow the fuses for the wipers and blew the second as well when i put one in
    its a 96 celica import

It can happen for everal reasons but the most likely is that there is likely a short in the circuit. What make & model is the car? VW recently had a problem with the Passat, rain water finding its way into the wiper motor and causing an electrical short.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

Short somewhere... Wiper motor failure... Are they blowing as soon as you turn on the car, or only when you turn on the wipers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

as soon as i turn on the wipers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Most likely a short circuit - but where? It could be in the motor, the switch or even the wiring. Most likely in the motor, but it would be an idea to have the circuit tested before replacing the motor on spec and finding out that wasn't at fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭babybundy

nice one lads

• Advertisement
Advertisement