Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gillette razors - How long do they last for you?

• 19-06-2007 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

I got one of these recently with two razors. I think its a fusion. The blades are really expensive and one only lasted me five days. Is this normal?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

All those razors are pretty crap from my experience. I'm thinking about just getting an actual blade and using that (you know, like cowboys and barbers use)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I have a Gillette Fusion Power, and I get about a fortnight from a sharp blade before it dulls. I have a Philips bear trimmer which I use occasionally (It's not a shaver, it just trims) which has gone forever, and I have a traditional cut-throat blade from Solingen which needs sharpening during every single session with volcanic ash on a leather strop. The cut-throat is an art form, hurts more, and is guaranteed to leave you with cuts for months before you get the hang of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

if i were to use a fusion razor every day after a shower it would last probably a month

They are sensational blades...

But that said if I were to not shave for a few days and then shave without having a shower beforehand I'd blunt out most new blades after 1 or 2 uses...

Moral of the story - people who dont have a shower before they shave are wasters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I found that Mach 3's never lasted beyond 5 shaves. I now use a safety razor, I find that I get about 8 days use out of that per blade, but they only cost 1/3 of a mach 3 blade so that's OK :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

I found that Mach 3's never lasted beyond 5 shaves. I now use a safety razor, I find that I get about 8 days use out of that per blade, but they only cost 1/3 of a mach 3 blade so that's OK :)
    +1 There is a learning curve though and patience is needed but when blades are this cheap you'd be mad not to! Having said that, I didn't mind the mach3 too much and could get a weeks worth of usage from a blade. Pricey though.
    I have a traditional cut-throat blade from Solingen which needs sharpening during every single session with volcanic ash on a leather strop. The cut-throat is an art form, hurts more, and is guaranteed to leave you with cuts for months before you get the hang of it.
    That seems a bit overkill. The leather alone should be ok for at least a couple of weeks. You should just be aligning the edge when stropping rather than sharpening it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement