Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flashed phone still on O2

• 19-06-2007 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭

I want the generic firmware running on my phone, I just flashed it with latest firmware, but the network is still O2.
    i'm assuming that i need to change the product code, but need to be sure.any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

how do you mean the network is still O2, the network you connect to is determined by the sim card.

If you mean it is still locked to O2, then it must not have been a correct flash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

i wanted to debrand the phone, have nothing to do with o2.
    it is already unlocked for any network, but still using nokia firmware

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Its using branded firmware and will not let you use generic unbranded firmware.

You are looking to debrand it without telling anyone what it is .

Thats fierce cute altogether that !!! , may I suggest 57021 for starters and if not that then 42 is always an old reliable what with books written about it and all.

Its using branded firmware and will not let you use generic unbranded firmware.

You are looking to debrand it without telling anyone what it is .

sorry, should have said! :D
    its just an old nokia 6030, originally supplied by O2
    when i flashed the phone, using latest firmware, the software automatically selected o2 for me, so i assumed this was based on the product code.
    Thats fierce cute altogether that !!! , may I suggest 57021 for starters and if not that then 42 is always an old reliable what with books written about it and all.

how are the product codes selected? or where can i find documents on them.
    also, do you know where i can find information on the file system of series 40 phones, as i've backed up the old permanent memory and wanted to understand it.

thanks! :)

it will be a 4 or 5 digit number, what software did you use to debrand / flash it ???

The nokia updater will read the code FROM the phone but you must change the code IN the phone before the nokia software will download generic firmware based on that code .

• Advertisement

i used a JAF box and software that came with it.i selected the USE INI option, and it automatically loaded the correct firmware, i'm gonna try flashing again with that code you mentioned.fingers crossed ;)
    EDIT:didn't work, the code you gave me wasn't in the list anyway, must need the nokia update software

nokia update is no good I told you ..not until you change the product code . Then it should update you to v6.03 or so . It loaded exactly the right firmware for the existing product code ...o2 branded of course.

you must locate a 7 digit code ( quite possibly on a sticker in the battery compartment and stored in the phone too ) and change it TO one of these , probably the first of them

unless its a music edition in which case

the only difference between them is the colour of the menus .

the product code is 0530892
    i tried to locate the numbers you gave in the folder, weren't there.
    the contents of the INI file for the product code is

[ProductInfo]
    ProductType=RM-74
    PpmId=c
    Description=RM-74 6030 EURO-C O2 IRELAND PREPAY, BLACK
    RestoreDefaultRestore=1
    UseDefaultProductProfile=Yes
    ContentPackageId=o2_prepay_ie

[Settings]
    Setting1 = PhoneBook
    Setting2 = Colour WUG Logos
    Setting3 = GBG Wallpaper
    Setting4 = Link Delegate
    Setting5 = Graphic Settings
    Setting6 = Emergency numbers (ISA 3.0 version)
    Setting7 = Product Profile
    Setting8 = WAP Bookmarks
    Setting9 = MMS Settings
    Setting10 = Certificates

[NMP.Cmn.PhonebookFN]
    File=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-74\o2_prepay_ie.txt
    [NMP.Cmn.LogoServer]
    ColourWUG_Filename=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-74\o2_prepay_ie.wug
    [NMP.Cmn.UserSettingsRWFN]
    File for Wallpaper=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-74\o2_prepay_ie.wpg
    [NMP.Cmn.NvdAccessFN]
    linkdelegatesettings=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-74\nokia_eu.ldg
    [NMP.CmnI.NvdFN]
    MMS settings=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-74\o2_prepay_ie.mms
    Graphic settings=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-74\o2_prepay_ie.sss
    [NMP.Cmn.EmergencynumbersFN]
    File=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-74\uk_hk.emg
    [NMP.Cmn.ProductProfileFN]
    ProductProfileFile=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-74\default_yangtze.pp
    [NMP.Cmn.WapSettingsAndBookmarksFN]
    WapBookmarksFile=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-74\o2_prepay_ie.wb2
    [NMP.Cmn.WtlsFN]
    File=C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\RM-74\rm_74_No.wtl

[Modes]
    Default=Test

YES, i know what you were saying, i understand, i will have to get cable compatible with this update software.
    can't do it right now, thanks for the codes, will use them later.
    by the way, how did you find these out, if you don't mind me asking?

simply google for

debrand nokia 6630

or

debrand nokia n73

etc.

Removing operator specified cack from a phone is called debranding . This allows you to get less buggy generic firmware on the phone.

try to use a program called nss to change the product code .

http://www.b-phreaks.co.uk/files/NSS/NSS103810.zip

and also this patch

http://www.b-phreaks.co.uk/files/NSS/History.txt

http://www.b-phreaks.co.uk/files/NSS/pdg4fbus.zip

Advertisement