Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mourinho Tips Spurs!

Options
  • 19-06-2007 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭

Jose Mourinho insists Tottenham will be among the five teams chasing the Barclays Premier League title next season.

The Portuguese coach wants to regain the crown he won during the first two years of his stay at Chelsea but warns that Martin Jol's side have done enough to ensure they will be title contenders next season.
    Spurs have finished fifth in the last two seasons but Mourinho is shrewd enough to include them within the group of clubs capable of winning the league next term. Mourinho told Chelsea's official magazine: 'I think five teams will be fighting for the title.

'I put Tottenham there because they have a group of good players and I don't know why they don't belong to the fight.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Classic José mind games tbh...

We're definite Champions League material, don't see us beating Utd or Chelsea.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i'll be happy if we finish in the top 3 next season :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I guess it's all in the interpretation/translation, but to me

"I don't know why they don't belong to the fight."

is primarily saying that "they don't belong to the fight". It's also saying that he doesn't know why they don't, but it is saying that they don't belong.

Top 3 would be good progress.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

TBH, I don't think Arsenal or Liverpool are contenders, we won't be challenging for the title, another couple of seasons at this momentum then we'll talk.

Advertisement