Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gorta

• 19-06-2007 4:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭

not sure where this really goes so suppose here will do (though mods please move if needs be)

just found out that gorta have been taking €20 a month for the last ten months after i cancelled by standing order with them. the bank have been fairly good about it and are refunding all the money.

just wondering / trying to find out if anyone else has had similiar hassle with Gorta?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Jaysus I remember the ads with bunny Carr heh. Good that the bank refunded you. I reckon you should go out on the beer with the €200 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Or give it to charity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

Jesus - you mean you didn't look at a bank statement for 10 months!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Pighead wrote:
    Or give it to charity.

lollers :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

ha ha, I remember when I opened my bank account I somehow ended up with a £20 standing order to gorta. I know it sounds like nothing now but I was a broke student living in germany at the time and there was no such thing as internet banking so I was wondering where all my money was going. When I came home I figured it out and I felt bad asking for it back, but I really had to.

• Advertisement

DonalN wrote:
    Jesus - you mean you didn't look at a bank statement for 10 months!!!

ah i do regulalry. i just give the online statements a quick scan through to make sure the usual transactions go through. i got the big printed one in the door though thats why i noticed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

If you did in fact have a standing order for Gorta they wouldn't actually be able to cancel it.

gorta didnt cancel the standing order I did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MAYPOP

If you didn't notice for 10 months, then let them have it.

Or drink it if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

never had any hassle with them, mind you i have no idea who or what they are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'd say it was the banks mistake, otherwise they wouldn't give you a cent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

agreed... I signed up to give them a tenner a month some time ago out of a mixture of guilt/wanting to get rid of the guy at the door. Cancelled the direct debit about 8 or 9 months later feeling I'd done my bit and never heard any more from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

A Direct debit is where the other party takes money from you, a standing order is where you send money. Hence with a SO you have to cancel it with your bank and not with the other party.

yeah thats what i done i cancelled it online trough the AIB website and it defo cancelled

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

maybe it's a conspiracy :D

Advertisement