Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband Breeze 3Mb - problem with Black Radio Box - keeps losing ethernet

Options
  • 19-06-2007 4:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Evenin folks - got this Irish Broadband Breeze line in last fri and when it works it's great, solid, fast, etc.

Unfortunately I seem to have a problem with the black radio box that came with it - basically it keeps losing the ethernet connection to my pc. If I were to, say, add a USB item to the back of my pc and accidentally nudge the ethernet cable running to the black radio box, the ethernet light on the black radio box goes out and won't come back. After a bit of rearranging cables or moving the radio box slightly it may come back. My network card is ok as I can still connect up with another pc over a hub so its not a fault with my card. I've been on to Irish Broadband and they are sending out a replacement radio box.

Just wanted to air the problem and see if it's happened anyone else - only got the line in last fri, be a shame to have to get rid of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Try a new patch cable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭redtom

I've tried 3 different cables already... should be getting a new radio box tomorrow, so let's see how that goes

Advertisement