Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT or Eircom

Options
  • 19-06-2007 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Living in Newtownmountkennedy and I am looking into getting BB, either with BT or Eircom. Any comments or experience on them?

I have gone through previous posts but didn't get much info.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

RosieJoe wrote:
    Hi All,

Living in Newtownmountkennedy and I am looking into getting BB, either with BT or Eircom. Any comments or experience on them?

I have gone through previous posts but didn't get much info.

Well if you didn't get much information you really did not go through them properly.

There is a mindboggling amount of information on here about the downside of BT - their (non) billing system - it appears to have imporved lately to judge by the absence of recent thread but there is always the possibility of it happening again.

BT have also had a lof of dns issues recently again lots of threads on this.

In summary BT are cheaper but you do take a risk in relation to a lot of hassle on billing.

Eircom are more expensive but by and large pretty dependable both for speeds and billing.

You pays your money etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Thanks for that Dub45.

Far less abuse than I expected as well;)

Advertisement