Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music question- Boh Rap

Options
  • 19-06-2007 6:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hey guys- I'm looking for the cadence at the end of the intro (intro = bars 1-16 I think) for Bohemian Rhapsody.

I think It spans over the last three bars with the chords: V - I - I

But my friend thinks it's: vii - I

Any clarification would be cool :) Thanks guys!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ron-burgandy

I think you're right, perfect cadence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭sunflowerz

its V-I-I, just look at the score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Dr.Louis

Thanks... Thought so!!

God... I would have never thought of looking at the score...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

We dont really need to know that do we?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

That'd be the "to me" bit would it. Thats perfect alright.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭ron-burgandy

Nah, they'll give you the music so all you'll have to do is work out the key and then what chords the relevant notes fit into.

It sounds like a perfect cadence anyway, easy enough to identify aurally - sounds quite finished

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Agreed.Its not hard to identify whether a cadence is finished, imperfect, plagal etc, in that case its finished, so its V-I

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

YE deffo perdect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

the sheet music will be printed on the page so u just gotta read it and hear it in that lil jukebox part of the brain that my teacher tells us we all possess. its always easy to hear a perfect cadence, my fav example being the "new year" at the end of "we wish you a merry christmas".

"hangs head in shame" :o

Advertisement