Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The ol' Aer Lingus Trainee Pilot Scheme

Options
  • 19-06-2007 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭

So did any of yiz give this one a shot back in the day....For me it was the bain of my late teens. I applied in June 97 when I was just gone 18, did the aptitude test and passed, did the first interview and silence for about 2 months. Every day I'd come home from college expecting a letter. Finally in October 98 I got invited to a 2nd interview...Then...silence for another two months....then in Jan 98 I got invited to the final stage (3rd interview and team excersies) where I think the odds were like 1/6 or so...and I got turned down.
    So I applied for the next one a couple of months later...Took about another 8 months only to get to the final hurdle and fail again. Cue applying for BA!...Passed the aptitude and 1st interview only to be called back again and fail at the last stage. One more trip to Aer Lingus in 2000 I think and got the boot at the team stage again and I think that was the last time they ran it.
    The amount of months I spent waiting for letters and phone calls and going over interview stuff in my head in those years was criminal! Still don't know what was wrong with me!.....I loved doing the interviews though, they really pushed you to your absolute limit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

Ah, the memories. It's a thing of the past now I fear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Without a shadow of a doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭pclancy

They only hire pilots with cpls or frozen atpls now do they?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

ATPLs, and if you have a type rating it'll put you on top of everyone else on the list :(

Advertisement