Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A major cause of my parents separation

Options
  • 19-06-2007 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

were more economical than electric!...Literally war several times!...now that Dad is gone Mum is considering replacing gas with electric...would she be right? Is Electricity as economic as gas?
    Thanks
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,153 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I suppose the sparks were flying then :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Thats shocking and Gas at the same time ,Lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

In general I'd say Dad's right. Gas is more economical for heating, cooking etc. But when it comes to heating water and using night rate electricity I think Electricity might just shade it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

which is cheaper?!...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Filan,

Gas heating, as in rads is a lot better, gas central heating is a feature of a house or apartment, where as storage heating is considered a bit of a problem, it's more difficult to control then gas. I have gas heating, gas hob and electric oven, but if i had my way again I'd opt for the electric hob

If she is going to spend a few bob, and is looking for something cheaper, she should look at some of the many eco threads here, consider a solar panel and a wood pellet burner, with grants it might work out only a little dearer, and now is the time to do it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement