Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadbandchecker.ie ??

Options
  • 19-06-2007 7:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Has anyone ordered broadband through these people before ?
    http://broadbandchecker.ie

My sis lives in a rural area where there's no chance of broadband through phone line or 3G

They have offered to install Digiweb SkyStar satellite for her. But I'm not totally convinced that they are legit. Nobody else seems to have heard of them. Also, they are the only people offering to provide broadband for her, adding to my suspicions.

Sorry I can't go into more detail on what they are offering. My sis isn't very technical, so she couldn't give me much more info on the phone.

Any advice much appreciated?

thanks,
    Brian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 CheckerResponse

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your enquiry about broadband checker, we have arranged a rural broadband service for all of Ireland, we offer 2Mb 1-way Satellite service for €9.90 per month it can be installed in 14working days. We are only starting the roll out of the service so yes we are new, if you have any questions for us we would be happy to answer them all. Contact us by email if you need a service yourself email info@broadbandchecker.ie.

Best regards,

David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 GNR1992/2006

David, I signed up for SKYDSL a few weeks back and paid a activation fee of 29 Euro. I phoned the following day to cancel the order. Will I get my activation fee back. I've e-mailed you several times and no response about this???:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 GNR1992/2006

Brian, tell you Sis to give the 3G service ago first, I was told it would not work for me either, but here I'am using it right now. She can get it for 2 weeks and if it is not working for her, she can bring it back. All you have to do is plug it into your computer and follow the on screen instructions, very easy to install.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 CheckerResponse

Hi GNR1992/2006, Why not contact us by phone 01 653 5180 between 9am to 8pm Monday -Friday and qoute your Customer ID? If I can be of any further assistance send an email for my attention info@broadbandchecker.ie.

Regards,

David

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

This is bollox. My town has had DSL for 2 years and 3g broadband since last year. Nevertheless this POS site is trying to sell me satellite only :(

utv and perlico do not exists either .

Avoid BroadbandChecker until they sort their systems out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Few questions on this:

Do you only list companies on your site that you earn a fee from? You say your service is impartial, surely that would mean you include ALL providers.

You claim you provide rural broadband for €10. Nowhere do you mention the cost of calls on when you *have* to use a phoneline for the one-way satellite service.

You also mention this on your own site which contradicts what you call "broadband":
    Another main difference from Dialup is the 'always on' connection. This means you would no longer have to plug out your phone to connect to the internet. One of the main benefits of subscribing to a Broadband service is that you can be on the internet and use the phone at the same time from a single phone line

Is your €10 rural "broadband" always-on then? Can you make phone calls while using it? For an always-on one-way satellite system, how much will it cost given that the best flatrate dialup connection gives you around 220-240 hours a month max?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 blackdogbytes

Thanks everyone for the feedback. It's not looking that encouraging from what I'm seeing here.
    Any info on the website seems vague and aloof. It's very hard to see how this company operates so I'll steer clear for now. Until I see a reply from a satisfied customer.

I'll tell her to try 3G and see how it goes.

Advertisement