Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shops where you can demo clubs

• 19-06-2007 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭

Instead of dragging the Titleist D2 thread off topic, I thought I'd start a new one.

What shops in Ireland have facilities for demoing clubs. From the other thread I've learnt that McGuirks at Celbridge driving range has closed. Premier Golf in Santry (Omni centre?) was mentioned but surely this is a net that you hit into, not a driving range? I know Premier Golf in Newbridge have a net too. Obviously, an actual range would be a big advantage over a net.

What about Golf Works in Spawell, what's the setup there?

Have any places got launch monitors? If so, any charge for using the launch monitor - I'd imagine there'd have to be otherwise people would just use the equipment to choose clubs that suit and and then go off and buy them off the internet.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

spawell let you hit demo clubs. all 3 premier golfs have net type setups but they have monitors and a kind of projector system.
    If you are looking for a fitting, a monitor is the important thing rather than the range. If you just want to see do the clubs suit you and feel right then the range and not the monitor is the important bit. Most golf shops will loan you 6 irons from iron sets that they get in as demos. Similarly most golf pros at courses have a cart with various demo clubs you can try out.

somewhere like the fitting centre out in naas that has range and monitor and fits the clubs for you afterward is probably the best best if you are going to do it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

BrianD3 wrote:
    I've learnt that McGuirks at Celbridge driving range has closed..

It has??? Since when? Haven't been up in a few weeks so didn't notice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,853 ✭✭✭Trampas

Closed. Was there the other week and notice to say it is gone.

I think it is due to the place upstairs (Never been up to it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

Trampas wrote:
    Closed. Was there the other week and notice to say it is gone.

I think it is due to the place upstairs (Never been up to it)

Nah, I don't think McGuirk's upstairs has closed due to the new Swing Studio shop that's opened upstairs. Swing Studio is a small operation run by ex-Bohs, Rovers and Brighton footballer Derek McGrath. I believe he sells a lot of clubs, shafts, grips etc. that wouldn't normally be available to punters in Ireland. Not sure I'd trust him with custom-fitting a set of clubs for me tbh.

He still wouldn't be a threat to the McGuirk's shop though. IMO it's just that business is slow and they decided to call the staff back to the shop.

Advertisement