Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do you buy your components.

Options
  • 19-06-2007 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭

By components I mean like rca plugs, bnc connectors, switches, capicitors, small boxes, pots etc.

I know peats and maplin stock them but they are horrifically over priced, ie E1.20 for an rca jack, I build alot of stuff myself and I enjoy doing it and when I have old stereos and computer parts to scavange its cheap. But if you have to buy a couple of plugs or sockets or in some cases even a bit of wire then it becomes very expensive, very quickly.

bricks and mortar or web based shops (although web based is only any good for those components you plan on using, normally if I want a component I want it now and not in a weeks time!!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

ie.farnell.com
    free next day delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

Thanks guys, I didnt even consider them as I thought they only did trade orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

You may be able to get samples of certain items aswell, or contact the manufacturer directly.

Not to be abused though.

Advertisement