Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Limited Company invoicing UK company

• 19-06-2007 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

I have a limited company in Ireland and have been contracting here. I will be moving to the UK for a year and will be invoicing the UK company there. Should I invoice them using my Irish company and Irish back account or will I need a UK back account.

Any advise appreciated.

Thanks,
    Enda

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

You can use the Irish company to invoice the UK company.

Heres the fun part. You have to charge vat at the rate in the country where you will render your services. This means registering your Irish company with the HM Customs and Revenue for UK Vat purposes.

Some people are confused with this. If on the other hand you are an Irish company exporting goods to other EU countries and the EU country provides you with a Vat number, then you dont charge any Vat on the invoice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 endaman

Thanks, that is good news,

one other thing, will I pay PAYE\PRSI still in Ireland or in the UK.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

kluivert wrote:
    You can use the Irish company to invoice the UK company.

Heres the fun part. You have to charge vat at the rate in the country where you will render your services. This means registering your Irish company with the HM Customs and Revenue for UK Vat purposes.

Some people are confused with this. If on the other hand you are an Irish company exporting goods to other EU countries and the EU country provides you with a Vat number, then you dont charge any Vat on the invoice.

Can you clarify one thing for me please?
    I will be working as a Contractor (in my own Ltd Co) in Ireland and billing a UK company.
    This will be service and not goods, but the company said I do not change them VAT

Is that correct?

Advertisement