Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant start new thread

Options
  • 19-06-2007 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

its been like this for a while but only on my own pc, if i write more then 2 or 3 sentences is wont post, please help:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

What happens when you try and post it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

hi ruu, if i try more than 2 sentences the blue loading bar slowly moves but thats it.

Weird, try logging out and then back in again, see if there is any change.

sometimes it helps but only for 2 sentences, my head is wrecked i always run spy/adware and my av is up to date.

can someone please help :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Try another browser, what browser are you using?

Gordon wrote:
    Try another browser, what browser are you using?

im using ie6 ill tyr firefox and see if this helps.

i tries using firefox and cant post at all using it :mad:

can anyone help ? please

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Try switching off javascript.

• Advertisement

ok, can you tell me how to do that please.

In Firefox, it is Tools->Options->Content and untick Enable Javascript.

how do i turn off java using ie6 ?

I think you go to Tools->Internet Options->Security and then click Custom Level. Scroll down until you get to the section called Scripting (near the bottom).
    Under Scripting there is a catagory Active scripting, select the option marked Disable for this catagory. Click the OK button.

thanks for the help ruu, i tried it and i still cant post more then 2 sentences

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Can you put up a screenshot of what happens when you try to post? Try and take as many as possible through each stage of what you do when trying to post.

We need as much information as possible here if we are going to be able to help. It's not a problem that's very common, so whatever you can give us will be helpful.

im dont know how to take a screen shot, i can tell when a post is going to upload at the bottom of my screen

on the left beside the e ( just over start ) a load of writing comes up when i send, when this happens it will post if not it wont.

sorry if i sound stupid but im trying to explain it as best i can, is there an easy way to take a screen shot ?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Ok, can you copy and paste the writing?

To take a screen shot, just press "Prnt Scrn" (usually located at the top of your keyboard). Then go into Paint, or whatever other drawing tool you have and press Ctrl + v, or go to Edit > Paste. Save the screen shots as a jpeg and upload them to this thread.

• Advertisement

the writing is opposite the loading bar on ie6 it will come up anytime you change web page or go to post.

And what does this writing say?

boards.ie/bulletin/showthread/foarmsdisplay and some numbers if i see this it works fine if not the blue loading bar just moves really slow

It sounds to me like you just have a poor connection to the internet. Who's your ISP? If it's Irish Broadband and you're using Ripwave, you're getting what you pay for.

Try this: www.speedtest.net, and post up the results (they give you some code that starts with and then a url and image tag. You can post that up here and it might give us an idea if it's boards-related, or simply a problem at your end.

-1.png

483kbps dl 88 ul latency 165

150729298.png

That's mine. How does yours compare to others'?

my dl speed is 467 kbs ul is 88kbs latency 196ms server dublin distance 50mi

• Advertisement

my m8 uses his laptop on my connection and i can post fine on his computer i reckon its deffo my pc

Advertisement