Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Investment Fund growth

Options
  • 19-06-2007 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭

Just wondering what do you look to grow your investment funds by each year, myself I am hoping for something in between 15 and 20%. What growth have people actually been getting and am I way too optimistic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

that's probably too optimistic. tbh if the annual return exceeds a high interest deposit account i'd be happy enough over the long term e.g. 6-7% p.a.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭A Random Walk

Agree with eclectic. The S&P index has returned about 9% a year over a long run average.

Here's a table of returns for various asset classes in the US. Remember that these are index values only, so your returns will be affected by fees and any active management underperformance.

Advertisement