Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grab a granny

Options
  • 19-06-2007 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Myself and a few friends were discussing the idea of a sexual encounter with an older middle-aged lady. We're all in our mid 2-s by the by.

Anyway, I had heard that Sach's Hotel used to be the place for it but it's been closed for a number of years as far as I can make out. Barry's is another spot that's been mentioned.

Anyway, the point of this post is are there any such places in Dublin that have a deserved reputation for such behaviour? Is it all just a myth?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Barry's is another spot that's been mentioned.

Thankfully when my family owned Barrys it was much more respectable. Really, honest!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

'What about upstairs at 'O'Dwyers' on Mount Street ?
    There used to be an aul ones bar and disco up there.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

'Not a personal issue, i am moving this'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The Muddy Duck Celbridge woudl be beruthiels local.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Thaedydal wrote:
    The Muddy Duck Celbridge woudl be beruthiels local.....

Is it not The Mucky Duck??

Anyway, Goldenbridge is supposed to be another place for them, it's on the quays.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

Parnell Mooney (if its still open) and O'Sheas on the Quays

Full of durty aul ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

knightsbridge was full of that carry on when i was there.
    unfortunately was meeting a lady - she was only 28 :(
    but the offers i got while looking for her :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

unroggggie wrote:
    'What about upstairs at 'O'Dwyers' on Mount Street ?
    There used to be an aul ones bar and disco up there.'

nah, O'Dwyers is full of jail bait wearing no clothes :D

Bo Jangles on harcourt street is the place to go - its full of auld wans wearing their daughters clothes - actually the last time i was there there was some bloke in an aran jumper smoking a pipe - i kidd you not

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

this thread is making me nausious however i feel i must pitch the Arlington on Bachelors Walk as a good spot for easy granny love. Not that I have tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Mmmmm.... no teeth....:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

irishbird wrote:
    nah, O'Dwyers is full of jail bait wearing no clothes :D

Bo Jangles on harcourt street is the place to go - its full of auld wans wearing their daughters clothes - actually the last time i was there there was some bloke in an aran jumper smoking a pipe - i kidd you not

lol its now a student place, 3 euro drink and full of 17-19 year olds

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

i like the sound of O'Dwyers. Where is it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

Tomangoes where the gang goes on the northside, portmarnock. I think it was tuesday, not sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Hard Larry wrote:
    Parnell Mooney (if its still open) and O'Sheas on the Quays

Full of durty aul ones

^^^
    Second this.

My girlfriend walked me through O'Shea's one night after some of her 'older' friends brought her there. Sweet Jesus..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

^^^
    Second this.

My girlfriend walked me through O'Shea's one night after some of her 'older' friends brought her there. Sweet Jesus..

O'Shea's is on Merchant's Quay, opposite the Four Courts. The bar is not the place to go. On Thu/Fri/Sat nights, in the Restaurant section on the corner, they have a band/dance floor thing from about midnight til after 2 a.m. Getting there any earlier is a waste of time. Bands can vary from meh to jebus - they get the dance floor going though.

Free admission, all human life is there. Watch your valuables, and your drinks. It's a bit like a drunken country wedding.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Myself and a few friends were discussing the idea of a sexual encounter with an older middle-aged lady. We're all in our mid 2-s by the by.

Anyway, I had heard that Sach's Hotel used to be the place for it but it's been closed for a number of years as far as I can make out. Barry's is another spot that's been mentioned.

Anyway, the point of this post is are there any such places in Dublin that have a deserved reputation for such behaviour? Is it all just a myth?

can you not get a bird your own age whereas you have to chase up some auld toothless granny who has been left on the shelf :eek: :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

They want to be toyboys! My Nan goes to Barrys... and on occasion I think O'Shea's also...

They want to be toyboys! My Nan goes to Barrys... and on occasion I think O'Shea's also...

your nan goes to Barry's and picks up toyboys and your ok about that :eek: :eek: :eek:

jonny68 wrote:
    your nan goes to Barry's and picks up toyboys and your ok about that :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well she is only 60 and widowed, so let her do what she wants!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

knightsbridge was full of that carry on when i was there.
    unfortunately was meeting a lady - she was only 28 :(
    but the offers i got while looking for her :D

Aye a mate of mine goes there, says it's the full of MILFs and GILFs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Exactly. Live and let live. Life is about having fun!

I would disown my granny if she went to these places picking up toyboys as would the rest of my family.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Marathon Man

jonny68 wrote:
    some auld toothless granny

Some people think this can have its advantages. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Anyway, I had heard that Sach's Hotel used to be the place for it...
    *shudder* Now that really does bring me back. A mate of mine used to insist on dragging us up there on a Thursday because he said it was "mickey money day".

jonny68 wrote:
    I would disown my granny if she went to these places picking up toyboys as would the rest of my family.:eek:

Older people have wants and needs also. She doesn't bring them home as she has four young children living in the house with her. She goes out, has a good time, dances with a couple of guys and comes home.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

*shudder* Now that really does bring me back. A mate of mine used to insist on dragging us up there on a Thursday because he said it was "mickey money day".

'Mickey money day' is the first Tuesday of the month, when Children's Allowance payments are paid.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

esel wrote:
    'Mickey money day' is the first Tuesday of the month, when Children's Allowance payments are paid.
    I'm talking 14 years ago, so you will forgive my memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

jonny68 wrote:

By the sound of you, she would have disowned you years previously anyway. Proper order too.

stovelid wrote:
    By the sound of you, she would have disowned you years previously anyway. Proper order too.

well if your granny is like that then i can only imagine what your family must be like :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

jonny68 wrote:

Barry's.... is that the place where they have the dirty minging strippers? :eek: There's always some young wan giving out cards on O'Connell Bridge at the weekend promoting some place up that way.

Advertisement