Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Reception in Dundalk... Ch4 gone?!

Options
  • 19-06-2007 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭

Anyone else with an old fashioned arial for their TV in Dundalk?

How's your Channel 4 reception these last few nights? Mine is terrible!

All curvy black and white lines with a bit of picture and sound coming every so often but it just makes it unwatchable.

So is it just me or anyone else suffering?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

....actually, it seems o.k. tonight... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

yeh sudz, am not in dundalk but mine goes good a bad with the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Usually it's BBC that goes wobbly with high pressure so got a bit freaked when Ch4 got unbearable with the depression around at the mo.

Am avoiding any other means of TV reception for as long as possible!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

BBC and C4 always got bad for me in summer. I got rid off the aeriel and have these channels coming in through my dish now, havent looked back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

BBC1's usually the worst culprit in my house. TG4 can be pretty lousy too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Can't say I have any problems with any of the stations in the my house apart from Channel 5 at times, which is to be expected I guess. When the fog hits it can mess up all of the stations or maybe the tv set itself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

UTV from Kilkeel on Ch 49 (You can only get it in places further south from Dunleer but still:)) was completely gone, though the other 3 were fine. Seeing as I could pick up a fuzzy UTV from Belfast on Ch 24, it seems to have been a temporary failure. Channel 4 seemed to be fine throughout. Happened this afternoon.

If it goes again, try scanning/tuning the TV fully. I find that usually when the channels from Kilkeel are knocked out, I can pick up a near-perfect signal from North-East England (caldbeck) or even BBC 1 Scotland from Rothesay or from the Isle of Mann.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

we get all the channels [including a semi-blurry uk five] but the whole sky system goes out whenever heavy rain occurs

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

We got a flashy new aerial last summer and the channel 4 is still rubbish. BBC 2 is just blank after about 11pm its really weird coz its fine up until then. Good job we have sky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

I dont live in dundalk, yet (moving up in august), but ive been told anytime im up its the new wind power thingy by the college that ****s up C4 in the surounding areas. Could be completely and utterly wrong tho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Wouldn't be surprised, it f**ks up a few other signals that I know of.

Channel 4, however, was always bad for me in the summer time - or any time of high pressure / good weather.

Advertisement