Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone - IE/Northern IE

• 19-06-2007 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

My girlfriend who lives in Northern Ireland recently got a phone from her brother who lives in Dublin. Its Vodafone 087 (i text her number 087xxxxxxx) and shes able to text my number (087xxxxxxx) without any international prefix (00353). She signed up for Text Bundle 200 for €12 yet it still costs her 49c to send me a text message. Why is this? Is it normal? Her operater logo still says Vodafone IE too. Im in the south by the way. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Archimedes wrote:
    Hi,

My girlfriend who lives in Northern Ireland recently got a phone from her brother who lives in Dublin. Its Vodafone 087 (i text her number 087xxxxxxx) and shes able to text my number (087xxxxxxx) without any international prefix (00353). She signed up for Text Bundle 200 for €12 yet it still costs her 49c to send me a text message. Why is this? Is it normal? Her operater logo still says Vodafone IE too. Im in the south by the way. Thanks.

Yes, it is normal. Tell her to use www.vodafone.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

She must be roaming - is she sending message near the border? Are you sure that there is no other operator display on the screen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

She must be roaming - is she sending message near the border? Are you sure that there is no other operator display on the screen?

Exactly -Vodafone IE will appear in small letters -underneath the roamed network. And even if that is Vodafone UK, it will still cost a veritable fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Tell her to get 3 mobile and the 3 Like Home will make it not matter where on the island she is!

Advertisement