Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best GPS +/- €500

Options
  • 19-06-2007 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

Recomendations???

Neads to be easy to use n have V V V Good coverage of Ireland as its gonna get used for travelling through all the counties...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Anything with Navteq maps.

Airis, Garmin, Tomtom ONE (some versions, you need to be careful).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭eirman

I strongly recommend this as it speaks the street names and it has great Irish UK & Europe coverage. New roads like the M2 won't be included until next January.

http://www.mysatnav.ie/garmin_nuvi660.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

tomtom have dropped their contract with navteq so future updates maybe impossible..avoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

I think im gonna go for the 660... Is that the best price or has anyone seen it cheaper..

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭-TK^Creator

thats more or less as cheap as they come, unless u do some deep digging on the internet. damn useful things to have (gpses not the internet :rolleyes: ) well worth it if ur travelling loads

• Advertisement

Had the T920 n gave it to my folks as i didnt use it... need one now so decide to get something with a bigger screen n more features...

Do they all come with the same full Europe maps?? Found one in the UK for €450. According to the garmin site they do "Preloaded City Navigator® NT Europe (full coverage)"

http://www8.garmin.com/uk/automotive/nuvi660.htm

Acually, anyone know the difference between the 610t n the 660?? The 610t is only €350... All i can see is it has Ire/UK maps instead of full EU ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭eirman

unklerosco wrote:
    anyone know the difference between the 610t n the 660?All i can see is it has Ire/UK maps instead of full EU ones

The 610T doesn't speak street/town names

Gonna pick up a 660 today... Its cheaper in halfords than on mysatnav.ie

N its only €45 more than what it was to get it from the UK.... Im impatient so i'll pay it just to have something to play with over the weekend ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

unklerosco wrote:
    N its only €45 more than what it was to get it from the UK.... Im impatient so i'll pay it just to have something to play with over the weekend ;-)

Boys & Toys & Despairation

Curious to know how you get on with it.

• Advertisement

Tis far far far better than the Aris T920 I used to have... The screen size is great, the touch screen is way more accurate, the bluetooth is class. Find a a POI n u can just call it from the sat nav. On the whole it just feels way better than the aris but then again it cost near twice as much...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 beanflick

Im looking at getting a gps for my car.I have used the tomtom and the 500 euro garmin.I Found the tomtom was easier to use than the garmin.......
    Does the tomtom have good maps of ireland europe ?
    If you had to get a tomtom which one would you go for ?
    Or should i just buy a Aris T920 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 VALIDAVE

I bought the Airis T920 last week for €250 from Pixmania. Not bad for the price but one thing that really annoys me about it is its inability to use bypasses!!!!! Takes me through cities, towns villages even though bypasses are included in my mapping software. Anyone have similar problems with other systems?

Well my garmin lasted 2 days... kept turning itself off then lost all the maps n now wont turn on. Brought it back to halfords n they've none left, not getting anymore in.. They're only stocking the 660fm from now on... Gonna try the drogheda shop tomorrow to see if they have one left.... Failing that im gonna have to rma it to garmin. Tis pox cause i need one bad, been using the folks T920 in the meantime n it hasnt skipped a beat

Advertisement