Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building a house extension

Options
  • 19-06-2007 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Maybe not the right section of the forum, but anyone recommend a good firm to do a basic/small enough extension to a house in Cork suburb?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭rebs23

A bad time a the moment with everyone getting all their small jobs done at the same due to SSIA spending frenzy.
    If I were you I'd wait another bit until the SSIA frenzy cools a small bit and the builders themselves start switching to the small works side of the industry as the slowdown in housing continues. Give it until the winter to start at the earliest and ask them about Homebond (depending on size). Any of them worth their salt should be members of Homebond.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭gramlab

Sending out some plans at the moment for an extension (2 separates actually) and 2 builders I spoke to said their firms were quiet at the moment and they could do immediate starts if I wanted. SSIA's must be going the way of tradesmen more than builders.

Advertisement